Assistant Complex Manager – New Beach Holiday Park
- Salary: £21,600 p.a.
- Hours of Work: 5/6 days including weekends
- Holiday: 20 days + bank holidays
Park holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented individuals and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
Park Holidays are looking for an Assistant Complex Manager to assist in the management of our complex operation and team.
New Beach Holiday Park is in a prime location on the Kent coast situated between Dymchurch and Hythe, with its seaside location providing an ideal base for visiting local attractions such as Dymchurch Beach, Port Lympne Safari Park, Lympne Castle, Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch steam railway, the picturesque Hythe Village or the Local Amusement Park
The park has benefitted from a multi-million pound investment over the last couple of years, including a brand-new entertainment complex opened in 2018 and more recently refurbished 25 metre indoor swimming pool, and has a full programme of entertainment and activities including Climbing wall, Segways, Pottery Lodge, 2 Play Parks for young and old alike.
As well as our entertainment venue with bar and restaurant we also have the Neptune Pub and Carvery onsite, offering a more relaxed dining experience, making New Beach the perfect location for a family getaway.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Retail Manager in delivering the following and deputising in their absence.
- Recruiting, training and managing the performance of your team.
- Controlling the work of all venues to meet sales targets and operate within budgeted costs and spend
- Controlling beverage stocks, money and all company equipment within area of responsibility, ensuring optimum profitability of business
- Co-ordinating the ordering of stocks from approved suppliers, achieving maximum stock rotations
- Organising period stocktaking of all Company assets within the areas of responsibility, interpret results and take appropriate action
- Encouraging sale by the marketing and display of products to their best advantage
- Managing the cellar to ensure optimum quality of product, cleanliness and safe storage, with the minimum of wastage
- Maximising gross percentage through application of appropriate sales mix
- Ensuring all team members have comprehensive product knowledge
- Planning merchandising initiatives
- Maximising bar food sales opportunities
- Preparing, planning and managing a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control
The successful candidate should:
- Want to succeed and progress their career
- Have proactive approach
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision making skills
- Have a professional and outgoing personality
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Be flexible
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (Inc. Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.