Senior Front-End Engineer - Bexhill-On-Sea
- Job Type: Full Time/Permanent
- Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Park Holidays UK is one of the largest and most successful holiday park operators in the UK and has a huge scope to continue the success story in the coming years. We are recruiting a Senior Front-End Engineer to join our growing in-house digital development team, working on a variety of projects but particularly the development of our main e-commerce website.
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic senior front-end engineer to join a growing company to develop your skills, along with a great opportunity to grow within the company and have a long-term career.
The role will require you to be self-motivated, take ownership of tasks and see them through, have a strong desire to constantly learn new skills, and be excited about the future and what is possible.
What we need from you:
- Excellent understanding of modern React
- Experience with state management
- Experience with automated testing in a React-based environment
- Strong understanding of Agile development principles
- Strong understanding of Git
- Strong understanding of CSS
- Good understanding of A/B testing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interest in usability testing and performance metrics
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience consuming GraphQL
- Experience working with Microservices
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment
- Experience with Design Systems
- Develop new, and improve existing functionality, in our React codebase
- Write well tested functional components that utilise modern patterns like React Hooks
- Ensure responsive design and design system consistency across our website
- Contribute to architectural discussions and decisions
- Mentor and support other members of the front-end team
The successful applicant will enjoy working in our new, purpose-built office on the outskirts of Bexhill with easy road access, free on-site parking, and a subsidised staff dining room.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (inc. bank holidays)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.