Early Years Instructor
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country offering outstanding childcare & activity provision to children whilst providing peace of mind to parents.
The role of the Early Years Instructor is to ensure the welfare and safety of the children on camp and to deliver outstanding, structured sports, art and play activities to the Early Years children – our Ultimate Activity Juniors. The activities offered follow EYFS requirements for learning and development, with the emphasis being on participation and quality.
With support and direction from the Early Years Manager, you will have a pastoral role, being a key contact for the 4 and 5 year olds on camp, taking a lead in maintaining their welfare and providing high quality care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and deliver activities for children, normally aged 4-5, focusing on participation, development, and enjoyment.
• Ensure all policies and procedures on camp are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
• Continuously promote the welfare of the children in your care.
• Help to set up the Ultimate Activity Juniors provision by attending a Camp Induction Day.
• Take a pastoral role as a group leader, welcoming new children into your group and liaising with the EY Manager and/or parents as necessary.
• Supervision of children outside of activity times.
• Ensure the provision of childcare is of a high quality in order to meet the needs of individual children from differing backgrounds and stages of development.
• Behave in a manner that always reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
• Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment.
• Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
• Other ad-hoc duties (cleaning, equipment maintenance/inventory etc).
• Enthusiastic, energetic individual, passionate about working with, and developing children through play and activity.
• Previous experience working with children aged 4-5 in in a sport, art or education setting.
• Confident instructor, able to adjust delivery and structure according to age and ability.
• Good organisational and communication skills.
• Flexible, team player, able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
• Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding and fun job in the holidays, looking to further their career in the childcare industry.
• Qualified to Level 2 in childcare or Early Years, or working towards a degree level qualification in a related subject.
• Hold a Paediatric First Aid (12 hour or 6 hour) or First Aid at Work qualification.
• Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
• Hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available and additional hours available for staff that hold a paediatric first aid qualification.
• Pay: £312.45 to £474.30 per week, depending on hours and experience. This consists of a base pay of £278.80 to £423.25 per week, plus an additional £37.60 to £51.10 holiday pay.