Sloane Estate team is looking for Head Bartender to join their team.
This role would suit a dynamic and people-focused individual looking for the next step in their career. Ideally, you would have solid Beverage experience and you will be responsible for the day to day Bar operations. You need to get what we do and more importantly why and be able to add value from the outset. We are a kind & caring team and so you will be an important part of our family and a vital part of what we do. We can assure you that your individuality will be appreciated, and your voice will not only be heard but will inform us how we progress in becoming a number 1 choice for our guests.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure the Bar is prepared for service at all time (equipment, glassware, beverage stock level, general cleanliness)
- Take ownership of the bar during service ensuring all SOPs are followed by the team at all time (greeting, orders, beverage prep, service delivery guest/ member interaction)
- Develop and innovate cocktails regularly to maintain lead position in the market
- Maintain strong external industry link & knowledge of competitors practise ensuring implementation of best practices
- Take appropriate action to anticipate and/or resolve member/guest complaints
- Train food and beverage team in basic beverage knowledge and beverage service
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Food and Hygiene Safety
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in cocktail making
- Barista experience
- Ideally 1-2 years previous experience in a comparable restaurant within a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Private Member Clubs or Michelin/Luxury restaurant would be a distinct advantage
- Have a good knowledge of wine and spirits
- Good command of English
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills
- An ability to work well under pressure is key, and the ideal candidate should be able to work well both individually and as part of a team
Who we are?
The Sloane Club is a historic and esteemed private members club in the heart of Chelsea. With over 100 bedrooms, Members Drawing Rooms, a Dining Room and Roof Terrace. The Sloane Club has a loyal following of Members who treat The Club as their home from home, which the service from our team is central to.
A new boutique hotel and café Bar based in the heart of Chelsea, Sloane Place provides a home from home for discerning Chelsea locals to eat and drink, and guests from all over the world in our hotel rooms. Sloane Place is a contemporary and vibrant neighbourhood spot, with a two-floor bar and restaurant, Roof Terrace and links to the historic private members club next door.
Our parent company is Queensway- a family-owned business founded by entrepreneurs and renowned for its warmth, sincerity and quality of service. We invest in real estate which we develop into operating business in the hospitality sector. The brands we operate include KFC, Starbucks, Point A Hotels, Montagu Place, Sloane Place and the Sloane Club. Heartfelt, sincere hospitality shapes our past, present and future.
- Competitive salary plus service charge
- Annual Partner events including a summer festival and the opportunity to attend a Winter Awards ceremony in London
- Meals on duty
- Great company culture and motivating working environment
- Fun, friendly and supportive work environment
- Professional development and career progression
- Friends and Family Rates at all our properties
- Great team-building initiatives and social events
- Living in accommodation may be available at a discounted rate for the right candidate willing to relocate to the area