We are looking for a Maintenance Assistant to join our team at The Sloane Club.
This role would suit a dynamic and people-focused individual looking for the next step in their career. Ideally, you would have recent experience in a similar role.
- Adopt a proactive approach by carrying out a regular walk around both of the hotel’s and grounds to ensure potential problems are dealt with promptly
- Carry out short term (reactive) maintenance work e.g. repairs affecting the guest bedrooms/ suites and services as a matter of urgency but adhering to all safety procedures and causing minimum disruption to guests
- Carry out ad hoc decorating work
- Carry out a weekly check of all fire alarms within the hotel’s and take action in line with Standard Operating Procedures if any are found to be faulty
- Carry out work on ad hoc projects using your skills and knowledge to ensure the most efficient and effective outcome for the hotel
- Use, operate and store all tools, equipment and materials safely and securely to comply with statutory regulations e.g. COSHH
- Respond to call out in line with rota and department standard practice.
- Carry out checks of maintenance materials at least weekly, keeping stock levels to the minimum necessary to maintain continuity of service
- Maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety and ensure that there is minimal wastage
Who we are?
The Sloane Club is a historic and esteemed private members club in the heart of Chelsea. With over 100 bedrooms, Members Drawing Rooms, a Dining Room and Roof Terrace. The Sloane Club has a loyal following of Members who treat The Club as their home from home, which the service from our team is central to.
A new boutique hotel and café Bar based in the heart of Chelsea, Sloane Place provides a home from home for discerning Chelsea locals to eat and drink, and guests from all over the world in our hotel rooms. Sloane Place is a contemporary and vibrant neighbourhood spot, with a two-floor bar and restaurant, Roof Terrace and links to the historic private members club next door.
Our parent company is Queensway- a family-owned business founded by entrepreneurs and renowned for its warmth, sincerity and quality of service. We invest in real estate which we develop into operating business in the hospitality sector. The brands we operate include KFC, Starbucks, Point A Hotels, Montagu Place, Sloane Place and the Sloane Club. Heartfelt, sincere hospitality shapes our past, present and future.
- Competitive salary
- Annual Partner events including a summer festival and the opportunity to attend a Winter Awards ceremony in London
- Discounts across the group for you, your friends and family including stays in our hotels across the UK
- Meals on duty
- Career training and development
- Great company culture and motivating working environment
- Living in accommodation may be available at a discounted rate for the right candidate willing to relocate to the area