Digital Designer - London
Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing and we’re looking for a creative and hands-on Digital Designer to join the team at Daylesford Organic.
About the role
Like many businesses, Daylesford has had to transform over the last 12 months and evolve our online customer experience. We are searching for a creative Digital Designer to assist with the redevelopment of our website and eCommerce platform. This individual will be key in translating our brand identity into a world-class digital experience.
The role will be supporting our eCommerce and Marketing team to produce all visual content across Daylesford.com and our digital marketing channels for the new website. Creating a relevant and engaging experience, whilst maximising conversion and driving sales.
We are looking for someone who can deliver on brief and within the Daylesford Organic brand guidelines, who pushes for compelling design but can integrate with a busy, deadline-driven business. Be able to communicate your design ideas to the Creative team, take visual direction and develop concepts that authentically represent our brand.
- Supporting the eCommerce team to create visually compelling and commercially driven assets for the new website with a mobile-first approach.
- Support with the re-platform project to manage the re-sizing and upload of all imagery
- Co-ordinating eCommerce photoshoots and ensuring assets are delivered on time and in line with strict specifications
- Being responsible for asset management for online
- Proactively managing and being accountable for artwork, quality, accuracy and consistency across all marketing channels
- Delivering best in class content for paid and organic social content, email, social media and display advertising
- Follow a technical and creative brief to deliver seasonal on-brand interactive customer landing pages using Daylesford.com page templates (ie. the Christmas landing page and gift guides, corporate gifting landing page
- Proven experience in a web design role within a retail eCommerce or luxury brand
- Creative and graphic design skills with the ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of brand identity and digital standards ideally within a luxury market
- Effective planning and time management
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Magento experience would be beneficial
- Mobile-first design approach
- Experience working with video and gif animation
- Experience in UX & UI
- Pixel perfect attention to detail
This role is based at our London office (SW3) and will require travel around our London stores and to our farm sites in Gloucestershire.
This is a full-time position, for an initial 4/5-month contract until the end of September, with the potential to become permanent. Salary £30,000 - £35,000 pa. depending on experience.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.