Maintenance Assistant – Scarisbrick Hotel
Why wait to make your next career move?
Apply now and you could be working at our Scarisbrick Hotel in Southport! The Scarisbrick Hotel in Southport is ideally situated right in the heart of the town, on the main boulevard Lord Street in midst of Southport's busy nightlife. This traditional characteristic building is in a prime location, giving access to all that Southport has to offer while combining elegant and stylish decor with modern luxury.
This 126-bedroom hotel boasts our Knightsbridge restaurant, offering a fine European menu and a list of wines from around the world. The Scarisbrick also offers a great choice of bars for all our residents to enjoy and socialise.We are looking to recruit a Casual Maintenance Assistant on to the team.
As Maintenance Assistant, you will be required to;
- Conduct general Hotel maintenance inside and out.
- Have a basic knowledge of Plumbing/Carpentry/Wall Tiling/Decorating skills.
- Work on your own initiative.
- Communicate effectively with both the public and work colleagues.
- Be fully familiar with all Health and Safety instructions relevant to your area of work.
- This list is not exhaustive, you may be asked to do other duties as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working within the field of maintenance & repairs. You must also have a keen attention to detail and the ability to take initiative when tackling problems.
Visit our website and check out this fantastic Hotel!
This position offers the opportunity for you to work in an exciting, fast-paced industry!
In return for your commitment, we will support you in this new opportunity, with
- Up to 28 days holiday including bank holidays per annum
- Discounted stays for you and your family at any of our 60 Hotels & 6 Parks
- Meals on duty (Subject to eligibility)
- Uniform (Subject to position)
- Accelerated promotional prospects
Britannia Hotels are an Equal Opportunities employer and applicants from non-EEC countries will require work permits or permission to work issued by the Home Office.
Britannia Hotels will not recognise any submissions related to unsolicited applications and no agency fees will apply in relation to such submissions. If an agency submits an unsolicited CV to any director or employee of our company, we will not accept liability for commissions or other charges if we subsequently employ that candidate whether directly or through another agency. Where an agency’s correspondence contains a disclaimer indicating otherwise, our policy will prevail in this regard.
Positions are open to all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, candidates of any sexes or sexual orientation. All vacancies are posted both externally and internally on a weekly basis to ensure access to all applicants.