Pub General Manager – West Mersea Holiday Park
Location: West Mersea Holiday Park
Salary: £30K + OTE Bonus
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Park Holidays are looking for a Bar/Restaurant Manager in West Mersea to lead our newly re-developed Bar and Restaurant, with fantastic opportunities to grow and expand both the business and yourself.
This vacancy does not offer live in accommodation. All applicants must be available to travel to and from West Mersea and be located in the Essex Area.
The Sand bank at West Mersea is an exciting and stunning 1.2-million-pound re-developed Bar & Restaurant newly designed and extended during the winter of 2020. Now with a seating capacity for 400 persons. We believe The Sand Bank will become a social hub not only for the holiday park but also the local community of Mersea island. The Sand Bank is located within the grounds of the beautiful West Mersea holiday park. Famous for its 125 pastel coloured beach huts make for a stunning backdrop to the sandy beach that overlooks the Black Water Estuary.
West Mersea Holiday Park is fantastically located directly on the highly desirable West Mersea Beach. One of our smaller, quieter parks where it is all about the location, it is a perfect place to unwind after a day at work, whilst taking in the beautiful scenery. The nearby sea and breezy conditions are perfect for sailing and boating, windsurfing and kite surfing.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Maximising bar and food sales opportunities through an effective business plan
- Recruiting, training and managing the performance of your team.
- Controlling stocks, money and all company equipment within area of responsibility, ensuring optimum profitability of business
- Co-ordinating the ordering of stocks from approved suppliers, achieving maximum stock rotations.
- Encouraging sale by the marketing and display of products to their best advantage
- Managing the cellar to ensure optimum quality of product, cleanliness and safe storage, with the minimum of wastage.
- Ensuring all team members have comprehensive product knowledge.
- Preparing, planning and managing a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control.
The successful candidate will have:
- Have a proactive approach.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills.
- Have a professional and outgoing personality.
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Always maintain confidentiality.
- Be flexible.
In return we offer a Competitive Salary, performance related bonus package and the opportunity to progress.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Our parks offer high quality facilities, fantastic accommodation, and top-class entertainment – coupled with an idyllic destination, it is the perfect holiday for families that are looking for a combination of holiday fun and relaxation. We have something to suit every taste and budget, ranging from modest but comfortable caravans to luxurious lodges.