Breakfast Chef - Hotel F&B - The Newt in Somerset
The Newt in Somerset is a new and unique destination already attracting a recognition at the highest level. Our 300 year-old estate complete with woodland, lush gardens and breath-taking views welcomes guests from all over the world. Our hotel is a home from home where our team deliver outstanding service in informal surroundings. Gardens, orchards, and treetop walkways inspire whilst roaring fires and our wellbeing spa offer tranquility. Food is a passion across the estate, whether hotel or our restaurants or farm shop. Much is sourced from the estate and trusted local suppliers.
Hadspen House is the focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, library, bar and kitchen called the Botanical Rooms. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience in a beautifully designed, atmospheric 60 cover restaurant. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering. Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace. The department extends into the house, encompassing the bar, library, croquet lawn, terrace and badminton court – delivering exceptional service throughout.
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day, especially for our hotel guests who have all day to explore our beautiful estate!
Early mornings aren’t for everyone but if you’re an early riser who’s driven by delivering high standards of food and up for the challenge of working in one of Britain’s newest upmarket country houses then please continue reading.
We are searching for a world class Breakfast Chef to create a magical experiences for our guests in this unique environment. The successful candidate will be delivering a varied and high quality breakfast menu to discerning guests.
Passion, experience and expertise to deliver are a must.
- Oversee our breakfast buffet and our hot item food menu
- Prepare and deliver the breakfast menu to the standard set by our head chef
- Fridge management
- Creative ideas for season menu items taking influence from our gardens
Skills and Experience
- Experience as a chef in high end food preparation - minimum one year
- Passion for seasonal produce and healthy nutritious foods
- Work well under pressure during busy breakfast service
- Have great organisational skills
- Be able to work independently
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- Annual Performance Bonus
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Discounted hotel stays for staff
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Family Events 3 times per year
- Access to internal/external training qualifications and programmes
- Cross Training and career development opportunities