Commis Chef – Stanbrook Abbey Hotel, Worcester
Are you pursuing a career as a Chef? Good choice – Chefs are always in high demand and your friends and family will love your new skills! Many of our Hand Picked Chefs have travelled the world or have cooked for the great and the good. They wouldn’t change their career as a Chef for anything!
This isn’t just about taking food out of a freezer and popping it in the oven or deep fat fryer – you will be trained to transform fresh ingredients into high quality food for our hotel and fine dining brasserie style restaurant. These are skills for life.
You’ll enjoy working as part of a team and will be looking for a role where no day is the same. David Humphreys our Head Chef is an excellent trainer with a positive and friendly approach and he is very willing to invest his time and effort for someone keen to develop their career. The candidate we’re looking for will be hungry to learn and able to work within strict food hygiene restrictions. Does this sounds like something you would enjoy?
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week to include weekends on a rota basis. Shifts will either be from 9am - 5pm or from 1 - 10pm.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary - all our Chefs are paid hourly and Commis Chefs work 40 hours per week, with any overtime paid
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have either completed a cookery qualification or had some exposure to working in a kitchen
• You’ll be willing and able to follow instructions
• You’ll feel confident using a knife in the kitchen
• You’ll be looking forward to the prospect of working in a busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Stanbrook Abbey Hotel is a luxury Hotel in Worcester with 70 bedrooms and a recently refurbished restaurant and bar.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Our Kitchen Teams are diverse and we would like to welcome applications from anyone interested in developing their cooking skills in a professional and friendly environment.
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.