Sales & Events Co-ordinator - Wood Hall Hotel & Spa, Wetherby
Are you looking for a Sales & Events Co-ordinator role? Do you have experience in a similar role or an events management qualification?
If turning someone’s dream event into a reality is your idea of the perfect job, this is the role for you.
As the Sales & Events Co-ordinator you will be responsible for meeting clients, conducting show rounds and converting enquiries in to bookings before collating and recording all event requirements on our system (Opera), communicating with event organisers and liaising with the management team to ensure a seamless transition of information from the office team to the operational team who will run the events on the day.
This role involves working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include weekends on a rota basis. Shifts are rota'd between the hours of 8am and 6pm with occasional evening shifts for planned wedding show case events.
- You have experience as a Sales & Events Co-ordinator, Hospitality operational role or an Events management qualification
- Your passionate about sales and events, confident in your ability to convert enquiries and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of current market trends
- You have excellent attention to detail, vital for ensuring every event is a success and runs smoothly
- You will have high standards of personal presentation able to confidently represent the Hotel and its high standards
- You have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a friendly, warm genuine and approachable manner
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary along with a share of the Hotel service charge to boost your earnings
- Use of Health Club facilities including the gym and swimming pool
- Meals provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in a beautiful Hotel property packed with character
- Online retail discount platform and a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills
Wood Hall Hotel & Spa is a 4 Red Star Hotel with 44 bedrooms. It is a popular wedding venue, has a 2 AA Rosette restaurant and a Health Club & Spa.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.