SBG is a fast paced, expanding company which owns over 35 bars and nightclubs in London, including Cargo and the Piccadilly Institute. We are currently recruiting for an experienced General Manager. As a General Manager, you will manage all aspects of the business. You will be responsible for internal growth of sales and initiatives of the bar, the cost of consumption of liquor in the venue and direct line management of the team. As a general manager, you will lead the management team in operating and maintaining the unit to maximize profitability, whilst ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and standards at all times.
Job Roles include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the operations of the venue runs smoothly, including lights, temperature, music etc.
- Managing staff, the cost of labor, and stock.
- Resolving customer complaints, and communicating them with the rest of the team.
- Ensuring that the venue is run within the remits of health and safety standards and licencing.
- Ensure all legislative training is completed within the required time and scale and recorded, which will include the development of staff to help them achieve their potential within and for the business.
- Manage inductions of new staff in accordance with company procedure.
- Ensure all staff at the venue complies with company rules and regulations regarding health and safety, fire safety, food safety, along with regular product training.
- Previous managerial experience.
- Holder of a personal licence.
- Ability to lead, coach, drive and motivate a team in a fast-paced challenging environment
- Able to lead, motivate, train/coach & develop skill set of direct line reportees & manage their performance where & when necessary.
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food