Senior Sales & Events Co-ordinator - Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa, 5 Star, Jersey - Channel Islands
Are you an experienced Sales & Events Co-ordinator looking for the next step in your career? Would you like to live and work on the stunning and sunny island of Jersey?
As the Senior Sales & Events Co-ordinator you take a lead role in the office, supporting our Dual Site Sales & Revenue Manager and the team as well as being responsible for booking and organising conferences, weddings and events.
You will be responsible for meeting clients, conducting show rounds and converting enquiries in to bookings before collating and recording all requirements on our system, communicating with event organisers and liaising with the management team to ensure a seamless transition of information from the office team to the operational team who will run the events on the day.
Previous experience in the role is required and experience of Opera is desirable.
This role involves working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include some weekend days and late shifts on a rota basis. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK - no visa sponsorship is available with this position.
- You have experience as a Sales & Events Co-ordinator in a 4 or 5 Star Hotel and are ready to take a lead role
- Your passionate about sales and events, confident in your ability to convert enquiries and will be able to demonstrate knowledge of current market trends
- You have excellent attention to detail, vital for ensuring every event is a success and runs smoothly
- You will have high standards of personal presentation able to confidently represent the Hotel and its high standards
- You have the ability to establish rapport and deliver high standards of service with a friendly, warm genuine and approachable manner
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary along with accommodation charged between £67- £77 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- Delicious meals provided should you not wish to cook for yourself although cooking facilities are available in your flat
- 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team plus gratuities
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working and living in stunning surroundings on the island of Jersey and a beach front location
- Online retail discount platform and a health and well-being platform
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal Skills
Grand Jersey Hotel & Spa is a 5 Star Hotel with 123 bedrooms located in St Helier, Jersey. It has a variety of dining options including a 4AA Rosette restaurant and a stunning Health Club & Spa.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer.