Kitchen Porters - The Newt in Somerset - Hotel
Hadspen House is a focal point of our estate, housing a 23-bedroom hotel, The Botanical Rooms Restaurant, bar and kitchens. We offer a true, farm to fork dining experience. All food is prepared in our kitchen with ingredients fresh from our gardens or locally sourced, ensuring quality and seasonality throughout our offering.
Open for breakfast through to dinner, we also host afternoon tea in the library and early evening cocktails on the terrace, delivering exceptional service across all aspects of the business.
The Kitchen Assistant will be making sure that our brand new kitchen equipment and back of house areas are kept spotless, tidy and safe. This is an important role and could be the start of your career in hospitality or you could be looking to ease yourself back into employment.
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness are achieved in the Kitchen areas and equipment
- To ensure all equipment is stored correctly and allocated to the designated areas
- To dispose of rubbish into designated areas and to preserve standards of cleanliness in these areas.
- To ensure Health and Safety and Food Safety legislation are adhered to; this will involve appropriate training.
- To ensure that you are correctly dressed, adhere to high personal hygiene standards.
Skills and Experience
• No experience is necessary
• Quick learners and fast workers
• Great communication skills
• Work well in a team
• Work well on your own
• Take direction well
Excellent Benefits package available from day one including:
- Exceptional working environment, fresh estate grown meal provided each day
- 30% discount in the shops across the estate
- 30% discount at restaurants across the estate
- 30% discount on Newt cyder and Babylonstoren wine
- 50% discount in the Spa
- Family pass to access the estate
- Entry passes for friends and family to access the estate
- Cross Training and career development opportunities