Daylesford: people who want to make a difference
At the core of Daylesford is our care for the environment, our animals and our people. For over forty years we’ve strived to inspire change and nurture growth, and our teams are made up of people who take pride in what they do every day. We know that together we can make a difference for the future of our planet and the wellbeing of our customers.
Our Daylesford family is growing, and we are looking for an engaging and passionate Prep Chef to join our kitchen team.
With amazing career progression, we will train and develop you every step of the way to be the best that you can be with the opportunity to build your career with us.
Full-Time contract, based on 40 hours per week, straight shifts, no late nights, £9.70 per hour.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 50% staff lunch discount
- 30% company discount
- Refer a friend scheme – up to £1,000
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As a Prep Chef, you will be able to execute all dishes as per menu specs. Ideally, you’ll have worked in similar food, restaurant or café environments before or you’ll simply have a passion for good food so that the basics come easily to you.
The role will require bags of stamina and you’ll enjoy the fast pace of working in our kitchens. Your natural confidence will enable you to give calm and clear instruction during busy periods. You’ll be very organised and able to seamlessly coordinate your station.
We are open 7 days a week so being able to work flexibly is vital. No evening shifts!
- Execute all dishes as per menu specs.
- Deliver daily mis en place requirements.
- Ensure kitchen audit requirements are adhered to
- Assist proactively your kitchen members colleagues.
- Be fully aware of stock holding at all times & highlight to head chef/ sous chef low stock levels
- Comply with the store internal audit requirements
- Highlight H&S matters to your line manager
- Always show an eagerness to learn and develop taking pride in your work and never overlook poor standards
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at Daylesford, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.