Head Sommelier – The Wild Rabbit - Chipping Norton
The Wild Rabbit family is growing, and we are looking for a passionate and experienced Head Sommelier.
Full-time contract, salary approx. £35,000 pa. including service charge. Live-in accommodation is available from £340 pcm for a single room, all bills included.
- Competitive salary plus service charge
- Training and development to advance your career
- Up to 28 days holiday (incl. bank holiday)
- 30% company discount
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
- Free uniform
As our Head Sommelier, you will be committed to achieving the highest standards of customer service and have an excellent knowledge of wines. You will be part of a proactive team. You will be heavily involved in the daily running of the service, management, stock control, and admin duties. You will train and develop the Restaurant team on wine and spirits.
- You will be heavily involved in the daily running of the restaurant service
- Management, stock control, beverage GP and admin duties
- Take ownership of the wine list and wine cellar, currently 250 bins
- Share wine knowledge with the Restaurant and Bar teams.
- Communicate well with both the customers and the rest of the team is also incredibly important.
- Work alongside the Head Chef in menu development.
The Wild Rabbit is a modern British inn set in the heart of the Cotswolds – a place to eat, drink and sleep in a relaxed and welcoming setting. Our award-winning kitchen uses the finest seasonal ingredients to create dishes that celebrate traditional British cooking with a contemporary twist.
The Wild Rabbit is part of the Daylesford estate – one of the most sustainable organic farms in the UK. The principles that have guided our farm for 40 years are also at the heart of everything that we do at The Wild Rabbit – from the locally sourced, organic ingredients in our kitchens, to the handmade horsehair mattresses in our bedrooms.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today.
We aim to attract, recruit and develop people from a wide range of backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences. We seek to create a productive environment, representative of different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. If you feel you need any reasonable adjustments to be made in order to apply for a vacancy at The Wild Rabbit, please contact the Recruitment Team by visiting our website.