Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we are recruiting a Payroll Advisor to support our payroll processes.
As a Payroll Advisor, you will support the Senior Payroll Advisor in the payroll operations, ensuring each stage of the payroll process is properly actioned, that team members are paid correctly and correct payments are made and appropriate information is communicated to our pension providers, HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme bodies.
You will accurately prepare and input payroll data into the payroll database (Ingenuity at Work (IAW)) to include starters, leavers and amendments. You will also administer and calculate casual team members pay, overtime, SSP, SMP, Pensions and other adjustments. Overall, you are responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the monthly payroll.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun and friendly People team, who are passionate in supporting our team members employment experience from start to exit.
So what qualities does a Payroll Advisor need to join Virgin Active?
- You have experience of working with IAW software
- You have previous experience in a Payroll role in a medium sized business
- You have knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- You have experience of using complex computerised payroll systems involving all aspects of payroll
- You have in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation relating to Payroll and Pensions
- You have strong numerical skills
- You have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- You are analytical and methodical
- You have excellent knowledge of Excel
- You have excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing