Cook/Assistant Cook - Solent Holiday Park
£10.50 per hour DOE
- To monitor the requisition of stocks as required from the Corporate Recipe specification and Portion specification, keeping minimum holding levels.
- Liaise with the Complex Manager on stock holding and In House Buyer
- To ensure that the standard of cooking, presentation and ‘BOH’ service is implemented to standard operating manuals.
- To ensure that the ‘BOH’ procedures are implemented to the standard operating manual to include stores, flight wash area, refrigeration, freezers, food preparation areas, delivery bays and bin areas.
- To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet the Company Food Safety/ cook chill requirements, including the administration.
- To liaise with the Complex Manager for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment’s and detergents through correct delegation of authority
- To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control.
- To make proposals to the Food and Beverage Director regarding menu planning
- To manage a budget for all resources within area of responsibility and to monitor and maintain effective control.
- To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas.
The successful candidate should:
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure with good decision-making skills.
- Be of smart appearance and adhere to dress standards.
- Have a professional and outgoing personality.
- Have good IT skills, including knowledge of Excel, Word and e-mail.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Be flexible.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience is essential.
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays.
- 50% staff discount on meals in our onsite restaurants
- Great staff referral scheme
- Opportunities to earn commission.
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl. Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.
Our parks offer high quality facilities, fantastic accommodation, and top-class entertainment – coupled with an idyllic destination, it is the perfect holiday for families that are looking for a combination of holiday fun and relaxation. We have something to suit every taste and budget, ranging from modest but comfortable caravans, to luxurious lodges.