We have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior HR Advisor to join our busy HR central office at Darwin Escapes based at Talacre Beach Resort, North Wales!
Darwin Escapes have 23 holiday resorts and 3 golf courses across the UK. It is an incredibly exciting time to join and support an expanding business offering holidays, holiday home ownership and golf.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with all members of the HR team.
This position is permanent to work standard office hours, however, flexibility may be required when needing to meet deadlines.
This role is ideal for someone looking for a Senior HR Advisor role within a commutable distance of Prestatyn and Chester.
Main responsibilities -
- You will advise and support managers to correctly apply HR policies and procedures and provide coaching to improve manager confidence and people management capability
- You will liaise with all levels of employees and advise them through policies and procedures.
- Support HR Colleagues in delivering general advice, guidance and support to managers and staff on all staffing matters
- Support the delivery of effective disciplinary and grievance procedures, including attendance at hearings as advisor, where required
- Support the delivery of effective absence monitoring and management, providing reports and assisting in review meetings where appropriate.
- Deputise for HRM in coaching and mentoring the HR team in Employee Relations escalations
- Undertake and assist on HR related projects as directed by the HR Manager
- Deal with queries by phone, email and in person
- Log all calls and email communication on a daily basis
What experience you will need -
- You will be an experienced HR professional, with proven experience in an HR Advisor role within a fast paced multi-site company
- Competency in establishing good working relationships with a range of internal customers along with the ability to quickly gain credibility as an HR professional within the organisation
- You will be a highly skilled communicator both verbally and writing with careful attention to detail and ability to check all work for accuracy and quality standards
- You will have a proven track record of managing and solving a range of complex casework including disciplinary, appraisal and capability, grievance, sickness absence management
- Competency in interpreting and providing accurate and timely advice on complex employment legislation matters and conditions of service ensuring consistency, compliance and best practice
- Experience of SAGE Snowdrop would be an advantage
- Excellent Knowledge of Excel / Word / Outlook.
- There will be occasional travel within the Group, so a full driving licence is essential
What skills you will need -
- Driving licence is essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
What we offer -
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions