Optometrist Manager - ChesterAbout the Role
Our Optometrist Managers are on a mission to provide the best eye care at the best possible prices. If you're all about delivering exceptional clinical service and going the extra mile you'll love the buzz of our in-store practice.
Thanks to our single price point, single vision glasses are the same price as varifocals and we have no top-ups like thinner lenses, anti-reflection and scratch resistant coatings, they're all included! This means that as an Optometrist Manager, you can focus on what you do best which is managing and coaching your team as well as providing great care to your patients.
Your career development:
We'll support your professional development through continuing education and training as well as training in our Retail Academy and Centre of Excellence. Alongside professional support for everyone in our Optical teams, you'll also have a guaranteed place at our annual Optical Conference where we share best practice and new ideas.
You'll be responsible for:
- The day-to-day management of the Optical department, its commercial metrics and the colleagues working in it.
- Ensuring the department and team remain safe and legal.
- Ensuring customers get the best legally dispensed optical products.
- Providing an outstanding clinical service, from eye tests to contact lens fitting to enhanced services.
- Training, coaching and inspiring your colleagues.
- Driving the business forward.
You'll want to deliver outstanding clinical care to our customers in an exciting, progressive environment. You'll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
- You'll be registered with the General Optical Council as a fully qualified Optometrist.
- Be MECs or WECs accredited or gain accreditation within 12 months of joining Asda, which will be funded & supported by Asda.
- You'll be registered performer with your NHS area team or Health Board and you'll be on track to meet the statutory points requirement for Continued Education & Training (CET).
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, these include 10% off your Asda shopping and a second card for a member of your household, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking, cinemas and healthcare.
We also offer flexible working patterns as well as payment of professional indemnity insurance, paid GOC fees and opportunity to obtain interactive and non-interactive CET points.
Apply today by completing an online application...