Fusion’s Sports and Community Development Officers help get the community involved with sport and physical activity. A key player on the division’s Sports and Community Development team, as the Sports and Community Development Officer you will be responsible for engaging with relevant local organisations, organising and delivering a range of activities and services and driving overall participation at local centres.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
Some of the main responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- To initiate and develop a range of socially inclusive Sports Development services aimed at encouraging and increasing participation
- To establish and develop close working relationships with statutory and voluntary organisations/bodies relevant to Sports Development
- To work with all members of the Sports and Community Development Team to actively deliver the Sports and Community Development Programme, including attendance at meetings when required
- In conjunction with the Marketing Team, develop appropriate publicity material for courses, sessions and events
- To contribute to the development and implementation of the Sports and Community Development Plans
- To attend as necessary meetings, working groups, committees and seminars, including those taking place outside normal working hours
- To identify opportunities for attracting additional resources for Sports Development activities and to develop and take forward proposals to take advantage of such opportunities
- Assisting in the delivery and organisation of sports coaching courses.
- Identifying and helping organisations access external funding to ensure the continuation of Sports and Community Development initiatives
- Working with local clubs, coaches and schools to develop and deliver coaching sessions for young people, which will encourage lifelong participation in sport
- Contribute to the development of plans aimed at increasing participation levels with a particular focus on increasing participation in the Leisure Centre
- Adhere to and take responsibility for own Hygiene, Health and Safety procedures, and act as role model for these when present at any Fusion site or affiliate site/offices
The successful Sports and Community Development Officer will have:
- A degree in sports development, related programme of study or suitable experience
- Experience planning and delivering sports and community development activities within a multi-site business
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of relevant sports and leisure agendas
- Knowledge of healthy living concepts and ideals
- Good communication and computer skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equal opportunities and managing diversity
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Free eye tests
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you are passionate about Sports and Community development, and if you are looking to further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.