Nursery Housekeeper - London
Nuffield Health is Britain's largest not-for-profit healthcare organisation. Join us as a Nursery Housekeeper in our Brondesbury Nuffy Bear Day Nursery and play your part in building a healthier nation.
We are looking for a motivated, friendly and flexible individual to join our Housekeeping Team. As an individual with experience in a similar role, you will be well organised and will ensure that cleaning products are used effectively and that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for customers. As this is a customer facing role the successful candidate will also need to possess good customer service skills. Key Accountabilities To clean and prepare the areas for which you are responsible following the required policies and procedures, ensuring that the location is clean, pleasant and safe for patients. To provide general assistance and support as part of a team.
- To prepare and cook nutritionally balanced meals appropriate for under fives in accordance with the Catherine Walkers nutritional guidance for the under fives.
- To contribute ideas to menu planning ensuring the children receive a healthy nutritionally balanced, multi-cultural diet.
- To maintain a safe, clean and healthy kitchen environment
- To regulate kitchen stock control and collate food purchasing orders as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate records regarding temperature controls etc.
- To meet health and safety and environmental health requirements at all times.
- To liaise with Children's Services staff regarding children's specific dietary requirements.
- To contribute to and attend his/her staff appraisal.
- To attend any conferences, training events or staff/team meetings as identified by the Children's Services Manager
- To ensure adherence to the Children's Services code of practice on confidentiality.
- To keep up to date with current good practice.
- To maintain laundry and ensure stock levels
- To assist with Children's Services administration tasks when required
- To assist with childcare when required
- To perform any other duties as deemed necessary by the Nursery Manager or Deputy Manager in his/her absence.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the line manager.
In return, we offer a working environment that will help you grow your skills and experience and get the best out of life. Other benefits include 25 days' annual holiday (increasing with service), gym membership, private healthcare, 20% discount to our nurseries and a range of lifestyle and financial wellbeing benefits.
Be your best and join us in building a healthier nation.
Salary - £18,595.20 pro rata
Closing date - 13/05/2021
Location - Brondesbury
Part time, 15 hours a week
Applications will be considered as they are received and interviews will be arranged accordingly. We reserve the right to close adverts early, for example, where we have received an unprecedented high volume of applications. Therefore please apply early to ensure you are considered for the post.