Conference and Banqueting Assistant - Hook
Full-Time Hours, with live in accommodation available.
Tylney Hall is a beautiful 4 red star hotel in stunning gardens set in rural Hampshire. It has recently received the 'best kept secret' award by Facebook fans in theLaterooms.com Hotel of the Year competition - this was because of its charm, warmth and glorious parkland surroundings.
We are looking for a confident and hard working individual to join our busy Conference and Banqueting Department. The service offered from this department includes all functions whether it be a slick conference for the Directors of a global organisation employing 10,000 people, a wedding for 100, or an 80th Birthday party for 20. All of our guests are given the 'wow' factor and treated as VIP's! This role is 98% operational and 'hands on' in style!
Our Conference and Banqueting assistants need to communicate effectively within their department and they also need to liaise with all other departments on a two way basis ensuring that the service is seamless in the guests' eyes. Lastly, we encourage all of our employees at all levels to grow, be involved in the business, develop as an individual, and achieve their full potential.
We need a person who is happy to work a flexible rota - this area of the hotel has peeks and troughs which vary from month to month and day to day. Also please be aware that some of the work is physically demanding including carrying and lifting duties on a regular basis.
A high command of English is crucial. Excellent and discreet customer service skills are needed for this pivotal role and the ideal candidate will be extremely well presented. Experience in hotel 'Food and Beverage' work and having experience leading a small team is highly desirable. The ideal candidate will demonstrate that they are highly organised and have impeccable attention to detail. Please be advised we are in a rural location so you must have access to transport, with a live in position available for the right applicant.
As an Investor In People accredited employer, Elite Hotels offer a wide range of benefits to our employees to ensuring they are happy and well rewarded. Along with excellent training, development and progression opportunities some of the other benefits successful candidates would enjoy include:
- The opportunity to work in one of the country's foremost heritage hotels
- You will be working in one of the AA's Top 200 Hotels in the UK and Ireland and proud members of Small Luxury Hotels of the World and Condé Nast Johansens
- You will earn a share in the Company Gratuities scheme which is performance driven by you and your colleagues.
- We have an Employee Assistance programme managed by Hospitality Action to help you navigate through life's difficulties.
- There are a range of flexible benefits to help you manage your lifestyle including live in accommodation and paid overtime
- We operate a childcare voucher scheme offering tax and NI relief when paying a registered childcare provider.
- Our reward and recognition scheme (GEM's - see more information on our careers website) has been highly praised during our Investors in People accreditation.
- At Elite Hotels, we offer fantastic Company discounts and reduced rates for employees and family members across all four of our stunning hotels in beautiful locations
- Company personal contributory pension scheme
- Meals on duty compliments of the Chef
- Quality uniforms provided and laundered
- Free car parking
If you feel that you would like to join us and that this role would suit your strengths, we would be delighted to hear from you!