Fusion Lifestyle is reopening in Newcastle!
We are looking for a Spa Manager for our Turkish bath and Spa facility at The City Baths, Newcastle.
With regeneration work that has seen the Grade II listed building sensitively restored with many of the building’s original features retained. As well as the pool, Turkish Baths and Spa, there is a stunning, top quality fitness and well-being facilities. This exciting lifestyle venue in the heart of Newcastle will be re-opening soon.
Who We Are:
Fusion is a leading Sports, Leisure and Fitness operator. A registered charity, the company mission is to bring health and well-being to communities across the UK.
As The City Baths, Newcastle, is such a prestigious site, we are recruiting for an exceptional Spa Manager.
A successful Spa Manager will enjoy working with people, possess excellent standards of customer care, and have a positive ‘can do attitude’. Nothing is too much trouble for you! You will be able to motivate staff, meet and great Spa guests, and enjoy being able to make a difference to our guests and members throughout the spa. You will be committed to achieving the highest standards of cleanliness, maintenance and safety, and be prepared to lead by example.
As a Spa Manager you will use your excellent commercial acumen to motivate and develop your team to achieve their full potential. You will ensure strict compliance when it comes to health and safety, performance standards and financial controls, and you will communicate confidently with a broad range of people; all whilst delivering first-class services and standards, and ensuring our customers are happy.
The Ideal candidate will be qualified to NVQ level 3 in beauty, and must be able to work a shift pattern including evening and weekends. In return we offer a very competitive salary, the opportunity to earn a bonus based on a percentage of your basic salary and a FREE gym membership!
Some of the responsibilities of the Spa Manager role include (but are not limited to):
- Management, development and motivation of the Spa Team
- Support the overall process of the Spa in order to maximise its short-term, medium and long-term profitability goals
- Deliver the highest quality services and standards possible, ensuring customer retention and satisfaction are met and exceeded
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisals, development and performance management of Spa staff
- Personally contribute towards the Spa revenue targets by delivering treatments, upselling products and Spa Experiences
Hygiene and Safety:
- Champion in role and take personal responsibility for all hygiene, health and safety policy and procedure
- Carry out testing and / or other hygiene, health and safety checks as needed/requested, passing results immediately to the appropriate person and escalating potential issues promptly
- Safely support managing customer flow and expectation of waiting times and attendance across spa
- Undertake all day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of the relevant equipment and fittings, to the highest possible standards, bringing attention any faults or major repairs to the relevant team
- Proactively manage customer behaviour during the use of facilities to ensure highest possible levels of safety and enjoyment
Some of the non-contractual employee benefits we offer that you may be eligible to receive include*:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (Pro rata, contractual)
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme (Contractual)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Industry leading training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
*Please note that non-contractual employee benefits may be frozen, revised or subject to change. Fusion reserve the right to amend or remove non-contractual employee benefits at any time.
If you would like to develop your career in the leisure industry, within a growing and dynamic business that is at the heart of the communities in which we operate, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply today:
This job advertisement is not intended to serve as a full job description, and is therefore non-exhaustive. Upon securing an offer of employment, a copy of the job description will be made available to you. This may be amended from time to time, in-line with business requirements. You may also be required to carry out other duties as reasonably requested by the Company.
Applicants who gain a 'conditional' job offer will be required to undertake appropriate checks and referencing before commencing employment. If the role you have been offered requires you to work with children or vulnerable adults or in an environment that deems necessary, the hiring manager will inform you if a DBS is applicable. If a DBS is undertaken your offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.