Customer Relations Manager – Heston
Sales & Retention focussed role:
Hounslow’s Leisure Services are under new management after we recently announced the successful transfer of all facilities to the Council and Lampton Leisure. The six leisure centres owned by Hounslow Council will be run by this brand new entity.
Lampton Leisure has been set up as a not-for-profit organisation, which means that any financial gains will be reinvested back into the leisure centres, enabling us to improve our offer.
This is an incredibly exciting time for a motivated Customer Relations Advisor to join us and help us on the first steps to achieving our vision You core purpose will be to provide day to day operational supervision of the centre, under the direction of the senior manager on duty.
Job Purpose: Lead on the attraction and retention of new and existing customers and driving the financial results of the Centre.
Reporting Line: General Manager
Direct Reports: Customer Relationship Advisors
Working Relationships (Internal/External):
- Centre team
- Central Marketing & Sales Team
- Management Team & colleagues
- SCD Team
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Lead and inspire the centre team in delivering the right choice of membership for the customer and delivering first-rate customer service
- Drive all revenues, including Swim School
- Achieve monthly net sales gain and enquiries targets
- Adopt a proactive approach to driving sales and retention, ensuring the integrity of Fusion sales driving, retaining and reporting procedures are adhered to
- Prepare of reports and key performance indicators for customer service areas
- Ensure customer service targets are met, all comments are responded to within stipulated deadlines, appropriate action is taken and a weekly analysis of comments is produced
- In conjunction with the Sports & Community Development team, drive successful local activities and events
- Manage centre Prospects Database, ensuring data integrity is maintained
- Undertake local competitor analysis and react appropriately to socio-demographic trends
- Responsible for day to day management of the leisure centre, carrying out the Team Leader role when on duty management shift
- Ensure the Centre operating objectives and standards of performance are followed by employees
- Support the General Manager in the creation, implementation and review of the centre’s marketing and sales plan/ tactics in line with the corporate marketing and sales strategy
- Ensure the effective and accessible distribution, display and presentation of all promotional material within the centre and the surrounding areas
- Own the deployment of the Local Marketing Toolkit , understanding how the tools, templates and tactics within can be used to drive the business
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the toolkit in the spirit of continuous sales and marketing improvement
- Manage day to day marketing activity and marketing budget
- Analyse and forecast likely return on each piece of activity conducted. Ensure evaluation post-activity is completed and utilised to improve future ROI
- Report sales performance and monthly client monitoring report
- Line management responsibilities for recruitment, induction, delivering training, appraisal, development and performance management of staff, including 1-2-1s
- Deputise for the General Manager as and when requested
- Provide clear leadership with regards to compliance with all health and safety procedures and requirements, fixing or escalating issues as appropriate.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements.
- First Aid at Work certificate
- Experience in a comparable sales and customer focused role.
- Management experience in hospitality or service industry, including carrying out appraisals, developing team members and dispute resolution.
- A demonstrable track record in exceeding targets
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of health and safety and employment legislation and best practice
- Ability to analyse and evaluate data against key indicators, to monitor programmes, projects and plans
- Ability to “seal the deal” without inappropriately pressurizing the customer
- Leadership skills, particularly the ability to motivate and inspire others to “raise the bar”
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Good numerical and written skills
The job description is intended to include the broad range of responsibilities and requirements of the post. It is neither exhaustive nor exclusive but while some variations will be expected, these will be at an appropriate level for the role
The benefits include:
- 22 days holiday (pro rata) plus 8 bank holidays
- Gym and swim membership plus one
- Pension Scheme
- Personal mobile phone discount
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sick pay
- And more