Assistant Maintenance Manager - Chichester
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented managers and an unprecedented investment programme across the group.
We are now looking for an Assistant Maintenance Manager to assist in leading the maintenance team on a well-established park and complex with fantastic opportunities to grow and expand both the team and yourself. You must have current experience of working within the Maintenance operations on a Caravan Holiday Park and willing to progress to manage your own team in the near future
As the assistant to a very experienced and talented Maintenance Manager you will be coached and trained in all the skills needed to run your own park team and develop your own career
Lakeside is a scenic holiday park surrounded by 13 lakes and a great base to explore Chichester and the South Downs with easy access to Portsmouth, Southampton and Brighton.
We pride ourselves on offering excellent customer service and product standards to ensure our guests are relaxed and benefit from some of the great facilities including Outdoor Swimming Pool, Championship Fishing and Leisure Activities. The well maintained grounds afford guests and owners alike the opportunity to forget about the outside world and relax with friends and family.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
· Organising and carrying out repairs on site/in venues, chalets and caravans.
· Carry out repairs and restructure drains/groundwork/buildings.
· Carry out repairs to equipment in accommodation units/caravans in line with job requests and to the agreed operating standards.
· To organise and assist in the delivery of gas bottles as and when requested by the office/General Manager.
· Organise and assist in the distribution of deliveries from a central point to the relevant department.
· Organise and assist in the collection of rubbish and litter/bins, depositing it in the nearest refuse compound, including litter picking the park as and when required.
· Assist with moving and siting of caravan and lodges.
· Assisting with the preparation and planning of the maintenance programme to maintain all public and staff areas, accommodation, bars and entertainment venues in line with current legislation and agreed operating standards.
· Working closely with our Holiday Sales Department delivering excellence in standards, service and cost control when siting new and pre-owned holiday homes.
· Assisting in the management and preparation of accommodation and facilities for Open Season and Closed Season programmes to agreed operating standards.
· Working as part of a cohesive Management Team to provide support to other departments where applicable.
· Complying with all Company and legal policies and procedures including Health & Safety monitoring and control.
The successful candidate will have:
· MUST have previous Maintenance Operative/Maintenance Team Leader experience.
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Have the ability to work under pressure.
· Wear Company uniform provided at all times and maintain a smart appearance.
· Have a professional and outgoing personality with the ability to appropriately manage team and customers alike.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times.
· Be flexible and willing to go that extra mile when necessary
· 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
· All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
· Great staff referral scheme
· 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl Bank Hols)
· Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
· Double Glazed Centrally heated on-site accommodation available with the position.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.