Organic Search Manager (12 Month FTC) - Putney Office
Salary up to: CompetitiveNando’s is embarking on one of the most exciting digital transformations in the UK right now, and we are looking for an SEO legend to design an exciting new search strategy in this brand-new role for the business. You’ll become a pivotal figure of the digital marketing team, playing a key role in helping us deliver against our ambitions to be the best restaurant brand in the UK. This exciting new role supports the Lead Performance Marketing Manager where you’ll deliver an in-house SEO strategy that increases our presence and revenue through deploying the best technical and content approaches. Overall Ambition & Key Responsibilities:You’ll support the Digital Marketing Team to lead the in-house SEO operation with the target of delivering effective acquisition and growth, working hand-in-glove with the rest of the digital and ecommerce function to ensure we have a seamless approach to search and performance. The SEO manager will:
• Own, design and execute an organic marketing strategy across SEO and Content that fits seamlessly into the overarching digital marketing approach.
• Implement a best in class reporting setup to demonstrate the impact of the organic strategy on performance and its integration with other channels
• Work closely with the ecommerce trading team to ensure key targets are being met and help the business understand the changes in traffic landing on site
• Develop a content strategy that is designed around data led insights to capture increased share of voice and tell an incredible brand story.
• Own the local SEO strategy and be responsible for ensuring its accuracy
• Communicate results across the business and collaborate with other marketing channels to assess the overall impact of digital marketing for the business
• Work alongside our digital agency and internal team to create an SEM approach and align with PPC activity
• Lead the development and subsequently execute the test and learn roadmap for all SEO activity
• Be able to work with our developers and UX teams to implement a best in class approach to technical SEO requirements
• Implement and manage relationships with key SEO tools
• Be an expert on all thing’s SEO to the business across technical and content
• Use Google Analytics/search console/BrightEdge/Adthena/botify to report on web performance and detect site issues proactively
• Create a variety of content and work with other teams that produce content to deliver a best in class strategy to increase our organic presence
• Identify new trends in digital marketing and ensure the brand is at the forefront of industry developmentsKey Stakeholders:
• Lead Performance Marketing Manager
• Paid Media Manager
• Analytics Manager
• Head of Digital and Ecommerce
• Wider Marketing team
• Agency partnersThe candidate should possess / be:
• Suitable experience in SEO roles working across technical, PR and content
• Proven experience of running an agency or in-house SEO team
• Proficient in the use of SEO tools such as Google Analytics, BrightEdge, Google Search Console and Adthena
• Experience of working within CMS tools or basic dev change processes
• Experience in leading a team and working collaboratively with agencies
• Task orientated, and comfortable working to deadlines
• Be a leading voice in SEO that keeps abreast of the latest organic developments
• A deep technical background with an understanding of the likes of AWS, PWA and AMP
• Incredibly self-driven and able to produce a leading SEO strategy
• Naturally calm under pressure
• A positive, team player, happy to roll sleeves up and support the Digital Marketing Team to deliver world-class digital communications
• Be able to navigate cross-function projects, often working with multiple stakeholdersOur candidate should be looking for:
• A culture with strong purpose & values, intent on contributing to / driving positive cultural and societal change
• An opportunity to get a well-rounded experience of digital marketing
• An environment which is relaxed and informal, whilst highly driven and ambitious
At Nando's, everyone is welcome.
Inspired by our Southern African heritage we know and value the richness that diversity brings to Nando’s. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and respectful culture for all; including our existing and future Nandocas, partners and suppliers, customers and the communities we are a part of.
We deliberately work hard to create an environment where every individual is valued, respected and can flourish regardless of who they are, their background or outlook on life.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of individuals and will consider any reasonable adjustments in order to enable candidates to perform as well as possible during the recruitment process.