Lead Copywriter - Putney Office
Salary up to: CompetitiveAbout the role:
Nando’s is on a journey to Create Lasting Happiness, making a difference to the lives of our People, our Customers and the Communities we work in. The Brand Comms team play a pivotal role in this Mission; telling engaging stories, creating meaningful experiences and ensuring the brand shows up as it’s best across all platforms.Nando’s are famous for the irreverent repartee of our comms which has gone a long way to defining our brand over the years – the Lead Copywriter will actively champion this voice, whilst evolving the way we speak and continuing to bring creative excellence to all our comms. You’re a critical member of our team and the wider business, writing consistently brilliant copy for a range of communication mediums from CRM to Social, naming new products to script writing – all whilst optimising for platform and user experience.Candidate profile:
You’re a well-established senior copywriter with a passion for Brand communications. You are experienced in digital understanding channel optimisation and creating copy that is fit for platform. Already a fan of our PERi-PERi, you instinctively understand our tone of voice and relish the opportunity to push it further. You’re an entrepreneurial spirit who doesn’t subscribe to the traditional definitions of what ‘marketing’ can be. You’re not afraid to put forward new ideas that challenge our thinking. You’re excited because, like us, you believe that some brands can make a difference. That those brands with a unique role in popular culture can build something of value, something of influence. Something special.Overall Ambition & Key Responsibilities:
“Our copywriter-in-chief. Making the Nando’s voice famous.”• Take ownership of the Nando’s tone-of-voice and copywriting guidelines for the UK & Ireland
• Produce original copy for multi-channel marketing activities, from TVC scripts to blogs, emails to digital products, social posts to internal communications, and beyond.
• Play a key role in naming new products alongside the food team that answer the brief and excite our customers.
• Lead best practice in writing for Nando’s across our company, and consult with other markets where necessary to ensure group-wide consistency. Consistently champion the Nando’s voice, and lead copywriting workshops for internal teams and external agencies as required.
• Work closely with the UX product team to deliver copy across our digital platforms that is clear, concise, effective and fit for platform. Getting people through a journey quickly and effectively whilst injecting Nando’s style and flair where appropriate.
• Work with the wider Brand Comms team and creative teams to create and develop engaging creative ideas and market leading content franchises, responding both to internal briefs and initiating your own projects
• Lead Nandoca ‘Bring Your Outside In’ journodoca training and mentoring.
• Actively demonstrate and encourage the Nando’s values of Pride, Passion, Courage, Integrity & Family spirit in all that you doThe candidate should possess / be:
• Solid, proven experience as a copywriter
• Immersed in popular cultural trends, ideally with direct professional or personal interests in music, art, design industries.
• Naturally calm under pressure, able to distinguish the critical from the chaos, and lead a team of internal peers and external partners, with sleeves rolled up.
• A leader of people, looking to develop talent from within
• An instinctive brand guardian, sharing responsibility for our brand’s reputation.
• A sophisticated and superb communicator.Our candidate should be looking for:
• A culture with strong purpose & values, intent on contributing to / driving positive cultural and societal change
• An opportunity to redefine the role that brands play in culture and communications
• An environment which is relaxed and informal, whilst highly driven and ambitious.“
At Nando's, everyone is welcome.
Inspired by our Southern African heritage we know and value the richness that diversity brings to Nando’s. We’re committed to creating an inclusive and respectful culture for all; including our existing and future Nandocas, partners and suppliers, customers and the communities we are a part of.
We deliberately work hard to create an environment where every individual is valued, respected and can flourish regardless of who they are, their background or outlook on life.
We welcome applications from a diverse range of individuals and will consider any reasonable adjustments in order to enable candidates to perform as well as possible during the recruitment process.