Conference & Banqueting Supervisor - Woodlands Park Hotel, Cobham, Surrey
An opportunity has arisen for a Conference & Banqueting Supervisor to join our Hand Picked Hotels Food & Beverage Team at Woodlands Park Hotel in Cobham, Surrey.
As the Supervisor within the team, you will support the Conference & Banqueting Manager and your colleagues so they feel confident and ready for service as well as guiding them to ensure all daily tasks are completed on time.
You will support and oversee functions, conferences, private dining and of course the all important weddings, helping to ensure everything is set up and ready in advance, that the event details are checked and double checked and that everything runs smoothly and our guests have a positive and memorable experience.
You will have a flexible approach and will be happy to support your colleagues in the Food & Beverage department as this role involves working across all areas of the Food & Beverage department as required to include restaurant dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner, , room service and looking after our guests visiting for afternoon tea.
What’s in it for you:
• A competitive salary paid every 4 weeks directly into your bank account
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Optional live in accommodation charged at just £58.52 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• Delicious meals on duty
• 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
• Free parking on site
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• You’ll have at least two years’ recent experience working as part of a Food & Beverage team with good knowledge of conferences and events, food, beverages and allergens
• You’ll be a team player with a professional approach, bags of enthusiasm and a big smile
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, and proud to be the face of Hand Picked
• You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to demonstrate best practice
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, positive and proactive manner
Woodlands Park Hotel is a 4 star Hotel with 57 bedrooms, a fine dining restaurant, brasserie style restaurant and a variety of function rooms which makes it a very popular conference and private function venue.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.