Financial Accountant - Leeds
Are you a qualified accountant looking for a move into industry? Are you looking for a high profile role in which you will help manage an asset register of over 10bn made up of c. 650 retail stores and c. 40 distribution centres
This a perfect to opportunity join the ASDA Finance team at an exciting time following the recent move to new ownership as we develop new processes and increase our output to support the business as it moves in a new direction. You will have the chance to acquire a breadth of experience, knowledge and skills at the pace expected in practice but with the added benefit of you being able to add real tangible value whilst working in a supportive environment where the wellbeing and development of individuals is prioritised.
As an accountant within ASDA Controllership, you will combine your technical knowledge with communication and prioritisation skills to ensure that we maintain a strong control environment and help the business to meet its objectives.
- Technical accounting responsibility for the key lease and capital areas, including management of a 10bn asset register and accounting advisory to a range of internal customers
- Monthly and annual planning and forecasting of key asset and property-related lines
- Business partnering with multiple teams across finance and beyond
- Taking responsibility for key control processes in the Property Accounts team remit (e.g. Month and quarter end processes, reconciliation review and reporting, control framework review and execution)
- Driving process improvement and efficiencies through the use of digital tools and automation
- Opportunity to get involved in significant property transaction work and other new activity following the sale of Asda to new ownership
- Direct and indirect coaching opportunities
- You will be a qualified accountant either ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Ability to identify and execute accounting and control projects to improve our control environment
- You will have a strong academic background be confident liaising with people at all levels, and have great analytical, communication and judgement skills
- You must be proficient in the use of Excel; experience in use of digital analytics tools is desirable
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including;-
- Discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.