Front of House Manager - Roehampton Club
- Reporting to the General Manager
- Full Time Contract – 40 hours per week on a rota basis to include weekends
- Location: London SW15
Roehampton Club is London’s premier private members multisport club. Offer a wide range of sports including golf, tennis, Health Club, squash, and a full catering provision, delivered to the highest standards. We also offer Members and their Guests a program of social events, sports competitions and coaching. Significant investment is being made to enhance the standards across the club with the goal of achieving excellence in all areas.
The Front of House Manager is responsible for all full time and part time Front of House employees and ensuring that excellent service and standards are met and exceeded by the Clubhouse and Health Club Reception teams.
Purpose of the position:
- Manage all full-time and part-time receptionists.
- High emphasis on customer service, particularly around meet and greet and answering queries.
- Observe and enforce all Club rules and policies.
- Oversee and monitor the reception areas in both the Clubhouse and Health Club, and other areas as assigned, ensuring they are neat and tidy at all times.
- Responsible for rota and payroll, dry cleaning invoices, ordering stationary, training and inducting new staff, checking refunds.
- The Front of House Manager is also responsible for relaying information to all receptionists from different departments and liaising with other areas when required. This includes ensuring that the daily handover is kept up to date and changes are brought to the attention of the team.
Required skills and abilities:
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Bank holidays.
- Ability to handle enquiries and questions efficiently and direct to the appropriate staff members.
- Excellent time keeping, manage the Front of House teams time keeping and ensuring everyone is on time for work and notifying the appropriate individual in advance if unable to work.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the Front of House team and other employees and members, guests and visitors.
- Knowledge of membership and booking systems, and Microsoft packages.
- Induction training for all new reception staff on all systems.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are saved within the computer file management system and are easily accessible for all reception staff.
- Must possess dedication, firmness, and tact.
- Ability to manage personnel and to delegate receptionist duties and tasks.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks simultaneously or in rapid succession.
- Ability to concentrate and accomplish tasks despite interruptions.
While full training will be given, the ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and competencies:
- Varied experience at management level, in a similar high profile private members club.
- Experience of managing all aspects of staff; including permanent, casual and seasonal staff contracts, completing appraisals and sound HR knowledge.
- Exceptional customer care skills including respecting internal and external customers.
- Understanding of booking and EPOS systems.
- Sound understanding of P&L management and control with IT skills.
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written. Have the ability to deal with complaints where appropriate and refer these to senior managers when necessary.
- Calm under pressure and a positive attitude at all times.
- A particular attention to detail at all times.
- Proven ability to motivate and manage a diverse team.
The above job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry other tasks, as specified by the Club that are outside the content of your job description on occasion.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous company pension after a qualifying period.
- Use of Club sporting facilities.
- Death in service.
- Staff Fund of £375 paid twice yearly after probation has been passed.
- Uniform provided.
- Meals whilst on duty.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
How to apply:
Applicants are required to submit their CV and a covering letter detailing their suitability for the role to Simon Baker, General Manager.
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021