PDR is undergoing a significant internal transformation of its customer journeys, business systems, ways of working and IT infrastructure; key to that transformation is how PDR becomes an insight driven business. As part of this internal transformation, HR is currently undergoing a significant change in terms of data, processes and systems. Over the next 12 months the HR function will be transitioning onto a new technology platform and shifting away from reporting off its legacy platforms.
Over the next 12-18 months there is a requirement for an MI Analyst to support the HR Business Partners and wider HR team with the production and development of reporting from our legacy data sources as well as play a key role beyond this period in helping transition that short term, tactical reporting onto Power BI. This role has high growth potential particularly as HR makes the transition towards being a data driven function over the coming 12-18 months.
- Extract data from multiple legacy data sources such as HR and payroll systems
- Cleanse and de-duplicate data in advance of analysis
- Perform analysis on data to answer specific business questions such as leaver rates, vacancies, regional recruitment spend, seasonality of measures and KPIs, compliance rates, outlier detection
- Engage with stakeholders to understand the questions they are trying to answer through ad-hoc analysis; designing reports to address those specific questions
- Review and suggest improvements to existing reporting based on your developing knowledge of your stakeholders needs
- Understand how to prioritise various requests based on business priority and current workload
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background in analysing data, with the ability to understand data and how to extract it from a variety of systems. You will be able to communicate insight from data to business stakeholders/users so that they can understand it.
Strong communication skills are required. Verbal and Written communication with some experience of presenting in workshops/meetings, documenting your own work as well as user/business requirements.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to proactively solve problems and address challenges, reaching out for support when needed. They will be able to prioritise work; and in some cases seek guidance on how to prioritise in light of conflicting demands.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent Data manipulation skills in Advanced Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- A self-motivated, logical and organised approach
- A flexible and proactive approach with the ability to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative where required
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the constraints of using sensitive and confidential data Desirable
- Strong working knowledge of the processes across the people team
Not essential but would be advantageous:
- An understanding of relational databases
- Experience of Power BI / Tableau
- Data modelling