Bar Back [Double Standard] - London
As a Bar Back at The Standard, London, you will become part of an exceptional bar team that will provide an extensive drinks service across several bars, restaurants and roof terraces within the hotel. Your exceptional knowledge of the latest trends in the London bar scene will help you create an environment where you will not only delight our guest, but also excite and surprise them to create the ultimate bar experience in London, that is anything but Standard!
Our Bar Back team assist with the preparation and staging on the bar counters, fridges, back bar and speed rails for service. You’ll ensure the bar has sufficient quantities of all its equipment such as glasses, drinks and crockery. During service you are the right hand to the Bartenders and the Waiters and will ensure the work spaces stays tidy and organised, tables are cleared of glassware and the bar stays stocked according to standards.
You will of course be passionate about service, very well organised with a good working knowledge of bar operations and order of service; as we expect some busy days. Finally, and most importantly, you will be a host, making our guests feel welcome whilst they visit The Standard and our energetic and vibrant city; so, you will need to be highly social, upbeat and friendly; confident and can handle pressure well; thrive in a busy high volume, high energy environment and can manage multiple tasks and guest with ease.
Do you have what it takes to be a Bar Back at The Standard, London
While we take every detail of design and guest experience seriously, we do not take ourselves too seriously. ‘Standard People’ are at the heart of our brand; vivid, dynamic and engaging. Prior experience as a Bar Back is useful but not essential for this role; you will have an uncompromised and natural flair for service and be able to build genuine relationships with guests that enable us to not only preempt needs but foresee desires.
In addition to this you will also need….
- No prior experience is required for this role, however you may have worked as a Bar Back in a similar busy bar, pub, ‘Lifestyle’ boutique hotel, destination cocktail bar or rooftop bar
- In addition to the above we are actively seeking candidates with a diverse range of lifestyle skills and welcome applications from those in the arts, music and entertainment industries.
- Be a confident in bar operations and service with a good understanding of the London bar scene.
- Highly social, motivated and pro-active; acting with professionalism and positivity in all interactions
- You will need to have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to work shifts, including weekends and late evenings. There may also be occasions when you may be asked to work in other bars within the hotel.
We are defined by our richness of personality and diversity of background and lifestyle so if you think you have what it takes to be a Bar Back at Double Standard we’d love to meet with you.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates prior to commencing employment.