Commis Waiting Staff
Searcys At The Gherkin
Salary: Up to 11.00
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a 'London thing to do'.
Commis Waiter is a vital role in ensuring the fast and efficient delivery of products to the guests. Supporting the Front of House Team as needed to ensure our guests receive the best possible experience. This is a customer facing role, and an amazing opportunity for any candidate to demonstrate their professional ability, in this iconic location within the Searcys Brand.
- Ensure that food & drink is delivered to the table efficiently and quickly to ensure that the product remains at the right temperature for service.
- Ensure a professional and friendly service is provided to all our customers.
- Assist in the cleaning and clearing of the venue.
- Clean and polish cutlery and glassware as necessary.
- Communicate with the Manager or team if any assistance is needed.
- Ensure prompt and efficient provision of all scheduled services.
- Ensure all product is served to the best of your ability, in line with Searcys standards.
- Be cost effective whilst at work, avoiding wastage where possible but not to the detriment of the service being offered.
- Work as a team member in harmony with all other employees.
- Be customer focused at all times, by being visible if appropriate and communicating and determining customer needs.
- Immediately act on customer feedback with a 'can do' attitude.
- Carry out your duties to Searcys standards.
- Adhere to any rotas/schedules as laid down by your manager.
- Act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- Ensure you deliver what you promise to your customers and team.
- Be available to work on evening/weekend functions when necessary.
- Previous experience within a customer facing role.
- Project a willing and helpful attitude
- Be organised, neat and meticulous.
- Excellent customer service.
- Ability to prioritise and have a keen eye for detail.
- Having knowledge of food safety and COSHH would be advantageous.
Alongside working within some of the most iconic venues within the UK, with the very best teams, we also offer great benefits alongside your career, which include:
- 40% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 33 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Enrolment into Searcys Champagne School
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
Searcys Learning & Development:
Searcys has a full blended learning programme that includes formal qualifications, classroom training, eLearning and on the job training. We are proud of the investment we make in developing our people to raise their standards to be the best they can be.
Everyone who joins Searcys will attend our induction where they learn more about us and be supported throughout their journey with us. We invest in development opportunities and are looking to recruit, train and retain the best people for our own future talent.