Sandy Balls, Fordingbridge, SP6 2JZ
40 hours per week
What we need in a nutshell
We need someone who will keep our accommodation, and the holiday park, in tip-top condition and looking spectacular; repairing, maintaining, renewing and improving everything from the entrance signage to the back fence.
Who we are?
Sandy Balls Holiday Village is a world away from your day to day, with more trees than you can… well, shake a stick at. We have resident alpacas, a bush-craft school and forest laser tag, along with the usual holiday heroes of cycling and swimming. But New Forest holidays are also about tranquillity, which is why our Retreat spa and cosy, cottage-style lodges and caravans are here to help our guests unwind.
Part of the Away Resorts family, with 5 self-catered parks which all have their unique appeal! Check them out on our website for more information: http://www.awayresorts.co.uk/.
What you’ll be doing
As part of our team of holiday heroes, you will help the Maintenance Manager to ensure everything is in good working order. Your work will include:
- Carpentry, e.g. repair of doors, windows, kitchen units, walls and floors, signage, roofs & gutters and just about anything else wooden that you can think of.
- Landscaping, including paving and fencing
- Moving and siting Caravans, including external Plumbing
- Painting, decorating and tiling
- Maintenance jobs; everything from replacing light bulbs to troubleshooting faulty locks and cutting keys
- Carrying out maintenance checks and repairs on changeover days, working with other tradespeople when necessary
- Pretty much anything else that other people can’t do!
Guests and staff will look to you to fix what’s broken and restore order, so you will need to be confident, friendly and obliging in addition to your practical skills.
One more thing…holidays happen at holiday times, so you’ll need to work your magic on bank holidays, evenings and weekends too.
Skills, experience and qualities you’ll need
We will train you, but you’ll need to have the following skills and experience to apply for this role:
- Experience of building maintenance and carpentry in a similar role
- Ability to carry out domestic repairs and maintenance, e.g. tiling, painting, lock repairs etc
- An understanding of Health & Safety at work
- A good standard of education, ideally to GCSE standard or equivalent
Add in the ability to think for yourself and be proactive, great people skills, unfailing enthusiasm and extremely high standards of craftsmanship - if you’ve got all that, you’re in the running.
It’s about your values too. We have a can-do, fun loving, people centred ethos here at Away Resorts, which is captured by our holiday heroes’ mantra of Attentive Amazing Lovers – if that’s fired up your curiosity, have a read about it here and decide if it describes you.
Want to join our team? Here’s how to apply
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it’s like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.