Housekeeper - New Beach Holiday Park
- Salary £21,600
- Hours – Full Time/Permanent
Park Holidays UK are a rapidly growing company and the largest caravan operator in the south of England. The business has a proven history of developing and promoting talented people and an unprecedented investment programme across the group
Park Holidays are looking for a standard driven professional to work alongside our Holiday Services Manager to help manage the Hire Fleet at one of our Parks in East Sussex. Due to the continuing success of our hire fleet we are on the look-out for an energetic individual with an eye for detail. Great place to work, and career progression for the right individual. If you are looking for your next challenge this could be for you.
New Beach Holiday Park is in a prime location on the Kent coast situated between Dymchurch and Hythe, with its seaside location providing an ideal base for visiting local attractions such as Dymchurch Beach, Port Lympne Safari Park, Lympne Castle, Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch steam railway, the picturesque Hythe Village or the Local Amusement Park
The park has benefitted from a multi-million pound investment over the last couple of years, including a brand-new entertainment complex opened in 2018 and more recently refurbished 25 metre indoor swimming pool, and has a full programme of entertainment and activities including Climbing wall, Segways, Pottery Lodge, 2 Play Parks for young and old alike.
As well as our entertainment venue with bar and restaurant we also have the Neptune Pub and Carvery onsite, offering a more relaxed dining experience, making New Beach the perfect location for a family getaway.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- To monitor the standards of work of all hire fleet cleaners, ensuring work is to the agreed operating standards
- To prepare a cleaning rota each week, allocating units to be cleaned
- Check and prepare an inventory for all units, to maintain levels of inventory in unit and stores
- Check beds, linen, pillows and duvets on each intake, monitoring to ensure stock is repaired/ replaced as required
- Check for repairs which need attention and report them to the maintenance department/ holiday sales manager
- To maintain cleanliness of duvets and duvet covers on a weekly basis
- Efficiently and effectively manage storage of all cleaning equipment and bedding
- To ensure all cleaning staff are aware and comply with the Company’s Health & Safety standards and are COSHH trained (internal cleaners only)
- To obtain relevant risk assessments and method statements from cleaning contractors (contract cleaners only)
- Check refrigerators for over-icing and defrost if necessary
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors, inform the holiday sales manager if any of them are not working or seem to be missing
- To undertake regular checks of staff accommodation to include relevant certification, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors
- To manage the accommodation/ stores laundry facility
The successful candidate should possess:
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- A professional and outgoing personality
- A clear understanding of and ability to maintain Company confidentiality at all times
- The ability to work under own initiative
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Previous experience is preferred but not essential
- 20% friends and family discount on holidays booked with Park Holidays, this is subject to availability at time of booking.
- All staff have a discount of 50% on food purchased from the complex, this does not include specials or any drinks & is subject to conditions.
- Great staff referral scheme
- 28 days holiday leave per annum (incl Bank Hols)
- Progression Programme within the Company – Learning & development opportunities available with the potential to join the Company’s Skills Academy or Apprenticeship Development Programme.
With 33 caravan holiday parks across the southern UK coastline from Devon in the West to Suffolk in the East, we are the largest provider of caravan holiday parks in the South of England. We offer great value family UK caravan holidays and short breaks, with a selection of touring and camping holidays too, along with a wide range of static caravan holiday homes and luxury lodges for sale.