Maintenance Assistant at Grantley Hall
We are currently looking for a Maintenance Assistant to ensure the hotel is maintained to the highest standard by working as part of the maintenance team. To assist is ensuring all health and safety practices are adhered to and correct procedures followed. To carry out basic tasks including painting, minor plumbing, changing lights bulbs and minor electrical work including helping other departments when required. To be flexible and willing to work out of hours to complete tasks and work on a Rota system 7 days.
- To be part of the maintenance team.
- To maintain the hotel to the highest level of presentation.
- To be able to work as a team member and communicate effectively at all levels.
- As part of the maintenance team carry out all necessary tasks as instructed by the facilities manager or his supervisor.
- To ensure the highest levels of presentation of the Hotel are always kept.
- To uphold the team SOP’s given to you.
- To ensure daily health and safety checks are carried out in accordance with the company’s health and safety policy.
- To participate willingly in organised training sessions within the hotel and own department.
- To be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- To maintain a high standard of good personal hygiene and presentation.
- To live the Grantley Hall Values everyday day without compromise.
Key Skills, Qualities & Experiences
- The successful individual will be confident, self-motivated and present a professional personal manner in all circumstances.
- Excellent verbal communication.
- The ability to demonstrate a strong customer service ethos and the ability to deliver consistently high levels of service delivery.
- A flexible approach to work is required given the start-up nature of the business.
- To have experience working in general maintenance.
Grantley Hall is an exclusive, five-star luxury hotel and wellness retreat, nestled in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. With 47 exquisite rooms and suites, four exceptional restaurants and three sophisticated bars. The extensive development has also included the introduction of a tranquil spa and pioneering ELITE luxury gym and executive wellness facility, alongside a stunning events pavilion that seats up to 180 guests with a unique and glamorous champagne and cocktail bar.
Magical | Respectful | Innovative | Passionate | Consistent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Assistant to ensure our guests receive a five-star service.
• Grantley Gateway - discounts on supermarket shopping, cinema tickets, meals out, local attractions and cash back on online purchases.
• We celebrate success. With a summer party, winter awards ceremony as well team events and incentives. throughout the year we also celebrate training achievements, birthdays, marriages, new babies and length of service awards.
• Pension - Eligible team members will benefit from a Royal London pension scheme.
• 24/7 team assistant line.
• Complimentary nutritious meal when on duty.
• Refer a Friend Award.
• All team members will be issued with a bespoke Grantley Hall uniform
The Grantley Academy is our dedicated training facility based at East Lodge within the Grantley Hall estate. We offer on the job training, personal development, coaching & mentoring, managerial and supervisory training coupled with professional qualifications specific to each individual’s requirements.
On arrival, each team member will receive a bespoke development plan to support them in their new job role and their learning journey with us. Whether the dream is of becoming the next Michelin starred chef, leading marketer or head housekeeper, the Grantley Academy will help pave your way to success.
Joining us at Grantley Hall brings the opportunity of a 5-star career at a 5 star hotel.