We are looking for a Commis Chef / Kitchen Porter to join the team at Piran Meadows Resort in Newquay, Cornwall!
You will have the opportunity to become part of this team and help us maintain our fantastic reputation.
Working with the Head Chef and the kitchen team, you will produce various dishes requested from our mouth watering menu. You will ensure that all procedures and portion sizing is in line with our company standards, whilst also ensuring that presentation and food served is of the highest quality.
Whilst previous experience in a similar position is preferred, an enthusiastic and dedicated work ethic is the real key to success in this role.
This is a seasonal position to work full time, variable hours including evenings, weekends and also bank holidays.
This Commis Chef / Kitchen Assistant position is ideal for any candidates who are searching for chef jobs within a commutable distance of Newquay.
Key responsibilities -
What experience you will need -
- Consistent and prompt preparation and food service
- Accurate stock rotation and effective waste control
- You must ensure the cleanliness of all working areas
- Expected to ensure that we always comply with food hygiene regulations
- Provision of correct portion sizes in line with company guidelines
What skills you will need -
- It would be advantageous if you were to have previous experience in a similar role within a busy kitchen environment
What we offer -
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills through a variety of mediums
- You will have a positive attitude with a strong desire to pick up new skills
- Catering qualifications and Level 3 Food Safety are desirable but not essential
- Preferably have a Level 3 Food Safety qualification and additional catering qualifications
- Preferably have a driving licence and willingness to drive so as to enable easy access to the workplace
- Competitive rate of pay
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Discounted staff breaks at our luxurious holiday resorts across the UK
- Free use of all Darwin Escapes resort facilities including many of our free gyms and swimming pools
- Food discount across all resorts
- Discounts on spa treatments
- *'Introduce a friend' recruitment bonus
- *100% work attendance bonus
- *Company employee sick pay
- Compassionate leave pay
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free access to the Darwin Academy training programme to help further your career and skill levels
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health Shield cash plan
*Subject to terms and conditions