Club Manager - Taunton
Department: MSG Life
Reporting to: Area Manager
Travel Required; Not on regular basis
We are now seeking a Club Manager to take responsibility of our Taunton site both commercially and operationally.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Club Manager reports directly to the Area Manager,
- Responsible for ensuring that all relevant policies written in the Employee Handbook and Employee Safety Handbook are adhered to by yourself and your staff.
- Responsible for staff rotas.
- Responsible for the management and allocation of group ex timetable
- Responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate amount of personal trainers conducting inductions and providing outstanding service to the members.
- Personally conduct member inductions, to ensure that members are able to use the facilities in a safe manner.
- Ensure that all staff and personal trainers wear the correct uniform.
- Clean and maintain all gym equipment recording all defects in the maintenance file and calling out the relevant engineers when required.
- Ensure that the overall cleanliness within Snap’s premises is of outstanding standards. This includes, but is not limited to, the re-stacking of weights, picking up of any litter etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of the changing facilities whilst the cleaner is not on site.
- Ensure that the contract cleaners are cleaning to the high standards of Snap.
- Deal with prospects in a professional manner whilst showing them the facilities and assisting them with the joining process.
- Deal with any necessary administration and member issues which includes, but is not limited to, answering the telephone, returning messages left on the answering machine, report submission, responding to social media messages and responding to relevant e-mails.
- Deliver outstanding customer service at all times to both members and prospects.
- Allowed to conduct group ex classes (unpaid)
- Hold regular staff and personal trainer meetings.
- To create and deliver the Sales and Retention plan every day
- Ensure that fitness instructors are qualified to a minimum of Level 2 and hold a current CPR certificate.
- Ensure that personal trainers are qualified to an equivalent of REPS Level 3 status, have public liability insurance to a minimum value of two million pounds and hold a current CPR certificate.
- Ensure that group ex instructors have a recognised certificate to conduct classes, have public liability insurance to a minimum value of two million pounds, hold a current PPL license and hold a current CPR certificate.
- Manage the club within budgetary constraints.
- Responsible in ensuring that all H&S and HR policy and procedures as set out by company are adhered to and actioned.
- Manage Fitware and prospect engager on a daily basis
- Deliver all tasks set out by daily, weekly & monthly planner each and every day
QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 1 year’s managerial experience.
- Proven ability to deliver sales targets.
- Experienced in delivering exceptional customer service.
- First Aid Qualified is a must.
REP’s Level 3 is desirable