Data Architect - Leeds
This is an exciting opportunity to step into the Data, Insights and Analytics Team in Asda Technology as a Data Architect. The role is a new vacancy for the expansion of our data team to work on the Future Programme, which will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on a cutting edge Data Ecosystem!
Asda are currently investing heavily in its data landscape and will give the opportunity to shape and add lots of value in lots of exciting projects that is part of Asda's strategy.
Future' is the name for the programme that will see Asda create their new operating model, independent from Walmart. Technology will undoubtedly be one of the most ambitious parts of this work where all of the technology decisions made will underpin the way the entire business will operate in the future. To enable this programme, the technology operating model will be transitioned to become self-sufficient from Walmart offering so many exciting opportunities.
You'll join the team on a 2 year fixed term position. As the technology team is set to grow dramatically, a number of other exciting new roles will become available in future.
- Data migration, strategy, mapping / lineage, quality, standards across multiple projects and solutions
- Work closely with the development team to design and implement data solutions
- Being able to recommend the best place to source data sets, both internal and external to the organisation
- Ability to capture and document standards and designs that can be easily understood for all stakeholders (DBAs through to CIO)
- Data migration and the ability to be consulted with data movements for data performance and optimisation
- Microsoft experience (SQL DW / Cosmos DB / Azure Data Lake)
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, colleagues and strategic partners across a portfolio of projects with flexible working to do joint projects across different geographies
If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda House, Leeds with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
You will also get an excellent benefits package including:
- Company car or 5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
If you have any questions, then please email email@example.com