Venue Supervisor - Wandsworth, South West London
- Application deadline: 21/05/2021
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 per annum
All Star Tennis is a vibrant, friendly group of people dedicated to delivering high quality tennis coaching in the London area. We are now expanding our team and are looking for two new Venue Supervisors and two new Operations Assistants to manage our busiest sites.
The role will be based between Wandsworth Common and King George’s Park and may occasionally require some flexible working across our other venues in the Wandsworth borough. The information below outlines the main duties and responsibilities related to our Venue Supervisor vacancy:
- To manage the day to day running of a venue including court and course bookings.
- To ensure the venue’s overall maintenance is upheld to the high All Star Tennis standard.
- To build, manage and maintain an effective relationship with the head coach.
- To work with the head coach to ensure all coaching equipment is available, suitable, stored and used appropriately.
- To maximise retail opportunities and ensure the venue maintains the required stock levels.
Programme support, Promotion and Development
- To maintain and develop the venue ensuring increased and sustained participation.
- To be aware of all programmes running at the venue and across all other All Star Tennis venues.
- To ensure full administration support associated with the programme is carried out and available to the team and coaches.
- To work with the head coach and management on the development of the coaching programme.
- To be responsible for the collection, collation and analysis of course data on a half termly basis.
- To support the marketing and promotion of all initiatives across the borough.
- To ensure that all enquiries and approaches from the general public are dealt with quickly using the highest level of customer service in person, over the phone, or via email.
- To contribute to the improvement and development of all customer booking journeys, both in person and online.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with players and parents who use the venue.
- To provide administrative support to the coaching team and ensure they have the right resources to support their role.
- To support the head coach with private and small group lesson distribution.
- To be the main point of contact for new coaching staff once they have been recruited into the company. Therefore providing training and offering any additional support required.
- To contribute to the strategic development of all aspects of All Star Tennis.
- To take a proactive approach towards identifying areas of development and propose plans of action to support these.
Experience & Skills
- You must have the ability and willingness to adapt to a variety of day to day and seasonal tasks.
- You must have experience with venue or programme management (ideally in the tennis or sporting industry).
- An interest in sport is essential.
- Previous experience in customer service is beneficial.
- You should own the ability to stay proactive whilst managing multiple areas of responsibility.
- You should own strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You must be organised, punctual and committed.
- You’ll gain the opportunity to evolve into a central role in a business where communicating with coaches, being in a very social environment and being part of a fun, electric community is key.
- Development as an employee and as a person will go hand in hand. The role will provide you with a wide variety of skills that will help advance any future endeavours.
- You’ll have the chance to evolve in a role where you are given a healthy balance between independence and colleague support which allows you to maintain responsibility for yourself, your staff and your venue.
- Quality work and a strong work ethic is acknowledged and rewarded, by staff and the public.
- Occasionally can work from home.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This role is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please apply with a CV AND cover letter.