Let us be a part of your Next Chapter…..
Immediate Start - 6 Months Fixed Term contract with opportunity to extend
We are a strong business in growth seeking to expand our current team. The position of Accounts Payable Assistant will report to the Accounts Payable Manager and be part of a dynamic small team focused on achieving their business goals. The role will work alongside the accounts team in a fast-paced environment and will be responsible for entering payable invoices and expenses. You will also be required to assist in other areas of finance as the need arises, as we focus on continuous process improvements.
- Processing invoices in the accounts system
- Issuing invoices for approval maintaining the approval process
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Processing payments for suppliers and allocating payment
- Responsible for petty cash
The position would suit an individual who has experience in accounts payable and would like to further their knowledge in a busy accounts department.
Key Skills and qualifications
- Multi-site retail experience desirable but not essential
- Advanced Excel skills
- Good communication skills
- Organised with great attention to detail
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to tight deadlines
- Flexible attitude given this role will be varied
- A “can-do” mentality and enjoys a challenge
- A self-starter who shows initiative and can prioritise their workload
- Embraces change and understands the concept of taking risks in a controlled manner
- Detail conscious but also able to focus on the big picture
- Meets our value set of SPEED (Sustainability, Passion for Pubbiness, Engaged Teams, Excellent Operations, Design & Detail)
- Wants to engage with the immediate team and the wider Oakman Family
Competitive remuneration package. Salary dependant on experience
If the role of Accounts Payable Assistant sounds right for you – please apply today!
Direct applicants are welcomed. No agency at this time