Hotel Reception Manager – Ettington Park Hotel
Do you know your check in’s from your check outs? Are you a Hotel Reception Manager looking for your next challenge?
Our reception teams are the first people that our Hand Picked Hotel guests meet when they come to visit, which means they get to make one of the biggest impressions. As the Hotel Reception Manager you will lead by example and inspire your team to deliver a fantastic welcome to each and every guest, every time.
It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, your team will charm them from the initial welcome to the “have a safe journey home” with the impeccable standards of service you encourage them to deliver.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week over 5 days to include a mixture of early shifts from 7 - 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm - 11pm or 3pm to 11.30pm. This will include weekends on a rota basis – something you will be responsible for.
The role will involve Hotel Duty Management shifts and an opportunity for operational development for the right person looking to progress their Hotel Management career.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Delicious meals on duty provided
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS discounted food, drink and spa treatments. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
- Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life Assurance Scheme
- Training & Development to include an annual reception leaders conference, Hand Picked People management training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing and Appraisal skills and the option to complete a Level 5 Management apprenticeship
- Most of all, you’ll be a hospitality professional with an organised and friendly approach
- You’ll have previous experience working within a hotel ideally in a similar role - knowledge of Opera is desirable
- You will have experience of training colleagues and will enjoy motivating others to be their best
- You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
- You’ll have experience of working in a fast-paced, busy environment
- You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with colleagues and guests
- You’ll take pride in your appearance and always lead by example as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
Ettington Park Hotel has 4 Red Stars, 48 bedrooms and a 2 rosette restaurant. It is a popular destination for leisure stays, weddings and afternoon tea.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.