Senior Sous Chef - Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa, Redhill Surrey - 4 days a week
Alex Mackins, our Head Chef at Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa is looking for a Senior Sous Chef to work alongside him, deputise on his days off and to help lead the brigade and deliver high standards of food.
This is a full time role working 45 hours over 4 days a week. Normal days off will be Tuesday - Thursday, but will include some of the quieter weekends off in accordance with business demand.
To meet the challenge of this role you will have experience cooking to rosette standards and managing team members within a brigade within a similar environment with multi outlets of food service.
We know the step from being a Sous Chef to Head Chef can be a big one so here at Hand Picked Hotels we aim to equip our Sous Chefs with the skills they need to take that step. From involvement in office and paperwork responsibilities, to people management training courses and annual Sous Chef Master classes, we will help give you the exposure you need to develop your career as a Chef. And of course alongside all of that you get to do what you do best, create fantastic food in our professional kitchens.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary plus share of Hotel service charge - 100% of which is split between the team
- 4 day working week - we understand the importance of spending time with your family and friends
- Use of Health Club facilities including gym, swimming pool and fitness classes
- 28 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty
- £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
- Annual Sous Chef Conference to aid networking and personal development
- Annual loyalty awards (to include overnight stays & weekends away)
- Working in stunning surroundings and in a property packed with character
- Free parking on site
- Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
- Pension & Life assurance scheme
- An opportunity to complete your Level 3 or Level 5 Management apprenticeship – if you would like to do so
- People Management Training courses such as Behavioural Interviewing, Disciplinary Investigations and Appraisal Skills – to help you develop your skills and experience
- You’ll have previous experience as a Sous or Junior Sous within a similar Hotel environment
- You’ll be a stickler for hygiene and be able to lead by example and demonstrate best practice
- Your knowledge of food and technical skills will be outstanding
- You’ll want to develop your skills and experience in order to help work with the Executive Head Chef to lead the brigade
- Most of all, you’ll enjoy working as part of a team, encouraging junior members of the brigade and will have an approachable, positive and proactive manner
Nutfield Priory Hotel & Spa is a 4 Silver Star Hotel with 60 bedrooms, 2 Rosette restaurant, wedding, conference and event facilities and a busy Health Club & Spa which also offers food to its spa guests and members.
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.