Health & Fitness Tutor - Nottingham
Main Purpose of Job:
As a Tutor you will be responsible for the delivery of Health & Fitness courses for The Training Room and have overall responsibility for whichever academy/ies you are delivering from at that time dependent on business need. You will ensure that the delivery of all course material & content meets the Training Room and Awarding bodies’ standards. In addition, you will be responsible for managing the e-learning workload for a number of students ensuring the student has the support required to complete their course.
Main Tasks of Job
• Responsible for a group of students
• Engaging and knowledgeable delivery of the Health & Fitness course(s)
• Manage the course timetable to ensure effective delivery
• Managing E-learning workload to ensure sufficient support for all allocated students; whether fast track or E-learning
• Creation of additional learning tools for students (where applicable)
• Ensure student welfare at all times
• Operate within TTR and Awarding Body guidelines
• Work closely with other Tutors where required
• Enforce the student contract
• Plan and deliver assessments to monitor appropriate levels for the course
• Course administration
• Stock control
• Mentoring, coaching and training other PT tutors, where appropriate
• Qualified to Level 3 or higher in Personal Training.
• PTLLS, Cert Ed, PGCE or equivalent
• Assessor qualification
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience as a Personal trainer
• Minimum of 1-year relevant teaching experience in the sector.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Highly self-motivated
• Forward thinking and goal driven
• A background of working to deadlines.
• Organisational skills and ability to solve problems.
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve deadlines.
• Flexibility to cover other sites and ability to travel.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google docs and email is required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation. We cannot accept applications with pending qualifications and previous applicants need not apply.