Responsible for managing store operations, the team and working closely with senior management to create efficient processes and internal controls.
To identify opportunities to increase store turnover by ensuring company processes are implemented to a high standard, you will be accountable for the overall success of the store.
Leading by example, you will motivate your team to provide excellent service to our customers and encourage them to up-sell across all areas of the store.
You will be passionate about your team and will be responsible for their career development, creating future managers for the business. You will also play a key role in managing the performance of your team.
- Work with the BDM and directors to develop and implement the overall store strategy
- Track the progress of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Manage day-to-day store operations
- Ensure KPIs are met and strive to exceed targets
- Prepare reports on KPIs for senior management
- Identify process bottlenecks and suggest solutions in a timely manner
- Design and implement standards and guidelines
- Perform health & safety compliance checks and report maintenance issues
- Cashing up procedures and reconcile discrepancies
- Attend quarterly management meetings
- Recruit, train and develop your team
- Performance management including reviews and appraisals
- Organise staff rotas and manage payroll expenditure, submit weekly timesheets
- Maintain staff files
- Manage staff holiday, sickness, lateness and disciplinary procedures
- Authorise weekly expenses and provide relevant receipts
- Stock control