Junior Sous Chef – Gara Rock Hotel
We are Gara Rock a Boutique Hotel and Restaurant perched on a clifftop right on the South West Coast path and just across the water from Salcombe.
We’re relaxed, friendly and down to earth. And we’re devoted to making sure our guests and Visitors have the best time with us. Right now, we’re looking for some talented awesome individuals to join our team and help us deliver our Gara Rock experience.
Are you an experienced Junior Sous Chef looking for an exciting new adventure? Can you deliver exceptional standards and perfect customer service? Then Gara Rock Hotel could be the place for you.
As a Junior Sous Chef you will support leading the kitchen team, creating the finest dishes and work to the highest standards in a clean and organised manner. A key focus of your role is to share your passion for cooking and food with the team and help train and develop them.
You will be responsible for -
- To effectively control the food production giving maximum quality and yield.
- Monitoring staff compliance with prescribed operating methods and exercising necessary control to ensure security of stock and property of the Company.
- Support on your shift internal communications requirements linking kitchen personnel with other operating departments of the hotel are working efficiently.
- Liaison between Restaurant, and Conference & banqueting personnel is particularly important.
- To ensure that all maintenance requests are reported to the Maintenance Department on discovery in order to correct immediately. Accurate records to be kept.
- To prepare rotas, forecast wages and check and complete the Time and attendance system to ensure this is accurate to hours worked as per the rota for all members of the department ensuring that staffing levels are correct and within the set budgets in Chefs absence.
- To constantly check quality and quantity of food going out of the kitchen.
- To ensure that each section is manned efficiently and that the Chefs de Partie, Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters are working to the best of their ability.
- To ensure correct methods are used for preparation of food and to check presentation.
- To make sure the kitchen team is giving an efficient, smooth and quick service while maintaining principles and standards set by Gara Rock
- To order and purchase the hotel's food requirements in an economical manner.
- To control all food storage activities to ensure that all food is kept in prime condition and a good method stock rotation is used in all areas and sections of the kitchen
- To ensure that the kitchen is organised and run to the highest possible levels of safety and hygiene.
- To help train and motivate the kitchen staff and have a happy motivated well-disciplined team.
- We are looking for people who aren't afraid of a bit of hard work, have fun with a positive energy, and great team players who are there to support their colleagues. If that sounds like you then we would love to hear from you.
Hours: 48 hours per week
Salary: £28,000 per year plus gratuity
In return we offer a competitive benefits package that includes –
- 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Training and Development
- Discretionary Friends and Family Discount
A little more about us…
Gara Rock is a place where families, Couples and good friends (and even their dogs), have been making memories for many decades. With lovely accommodation, pools, relaxing spa treatments and a cinema room, its all right here in the heart of the south Hams.
We’re also real foodies and believe food and drink should be enjoyed. We create seasonal dishes featuring ingredients from our local producers and our Kitchen garden so guests can sample a taste of Devon.
A Little more about you…
If you are bursting with enthusiasm and personality, and you can effortlessly emulate our friendly and approachable atmosphere, we’d love to hear from you. We’re on the lookout for excellent customer service (we’d expect no less at Gara Rock), the ability to work hard and a ready smile, even on the busiest of days. In return we’ll reward you with excellent rates of pay, tips and opportunities to develop your career within our young, dynamic and growing business.