Social Media Manager - London
As our Bamford family is growing, we are looking for an experienced and creative Social Media Manager to join our Ecommerce Team at our head office in South Kensington.
The role will be full time, permanent contract, Monday to Friday 9am-6pm.
Full time contract, Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm with flexibility to cover events when necessary. Salary, £30,000 - £35,000 pa depending on experience.
About the role
As our Social Media Manager, you’ll be a natural storyteller with a passion for exceptional content. With a proven track record of developing innovative and engaging content formats tailored to each social channel. You’ll own, create and deliver social media marketing campaigns, build brand awareness and manage all social content. In addition, you will have strong copy-writing skills and strategic understanding, you will proactively research and work with all teams to plan content to communicate with our audience. This role is integral to the wider Bamford team and will maintain and drive the growth of our community.
- Develop and implement a social media strategy to drive brand awareness and community through authentic and relevant content that emphasises our brand voice and values.
- Create and manage the social media calendar, manage content and plan specific and timely campaigns in line with digital and marketing objectives.
- Strong copywriting skills required to deliver the tone of voice and copy across multiple channels.
- Responsible for the curation and scheduling of content across Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns with support from digital team and external web agency.
- Share and collaborate with the wider company group; join calls with Lady Bamford’s team to align content.
- Brief our creative team for professional photography and video content. Filming, photographing and editing behind-the-scenes content at the Bamford stores and Wellness Spas.
- Nurture and build influencer relationships, in collaboration with the Marketing team and PR agency. Generate creative strategies to increase ROI.
- Weekly social media reporting on performance and ROI of all social media channels and paid social.
- Community management across all social channels. Responding in a timely and professional manner to all customer messages and directing queries to the appropriate teams.
- Knowledge and awareness of social landscape; sharing findings and knowledge with the wider team.
As our Social Media Manager, you’ll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience;
- 4 years’ experience of social media marketing with a track record of growth.
- Strong editorial and copywriting skills
- A creative thinker able to generate new ideas. An eye for design, photography and video.
- An understanding of craftsmanship, well-being, a love of organic natural products and a passion for sustainability.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to confidently manage multiple projects at once. Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Up to date on current events, technological developments as well as the latest trends.
- Analytical skills and understanding of how audiences use social media.
- Experience in performance marketing and social ad campaign management.
- Confident in the Adobe Creative Suite. Video editing skills a plus.
- Knowledge of Rakuten affiliate marketing and RewardStyle a plus.
Based at 19 Mossop St London, the role includes frequent visits to our London and Cotswolds locations and willingness to occasionally work outside standard office hours.
We will need to see a sample of your work. Please include a link with your CV.
- Competitive salary
- Training and development to advance your career
- 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
- 50% staff lunch discount (at local Daylesford store)
- 30% company discount
- One complimentary treatment per annum
- Two complimentary classes per month
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Subsidised private medical insurance
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you.
Please note: As part of our recruitment process, we will use and store your personal data securely for up to 6 months from the date of application. If you would like to update or remove your CV or other personal details from our records, please go to our careers page for contact details