Optical Manager - Glasgow
About the Role
This is an outstanding opportunity to be at the heart of the launch of a new Optical Department, opening in September '21. The role will allow you to be involved in all aspects of the launch, from team selection to training the Colleagues, prior to opening, allowing you to deliver the highest service and clinical standards. It's very seldom that the chance to build a new team, in a new Optical department occurs. The challenge is great, but the personal satisfaction of delivering the best service and clinical environment to our Customers is a huge reward.
Your career development:
We'll support your professional development through Continuing Education and Training. Alongside professional support for everyone in our Optical teams, you'll also have a guaranteed place at our annual Optical Conference where we share best practice and new ideas. You'll also receive training in our Retail Academy and Department of Excellence.
You'll be responsible for:
- Selection ,training, coaching and inspiring your colleagues prior to the Department launch
- The day-to-day management of the Optical department, its commercial metrics and the colleagues working in it.
- Ensuring the department and team remain safe and legal.
- Ensuring customers get the best legally dispensed optical products.
- Planning eye tests and contact lens clinics that meet customers' needs.
- Driving the business forward.
You'll want to deliver outstanding clinical care to our customers in an exciting, progressive environment. You'll be naturally friendly and want to get stuck in, working with your team to deliver great results.
- You'll need to be registered with the General Optical Council as a fully qualified Dispensing Optician.
- You'll be registered performer with your NHS area team or Health Board and be on track to meet the statutory points requirement for Continued Education & Training (CET).
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, these include 10% off your Asda shopping and a second card for a member of your household, a pension scheme, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking, cinemas and healthcare.
We also offer flexible working patterns as well as payment of professional indemnity insurance, paid GOC fees and opportunity to obtain interactive and non-interactive CET points.
Apply today by completing an online application...