We are so excited to finally get the news we can re-open our doors and welcome all our lovely customers back on 17th May. We are busy putting plans in place and are now looking for a SENIOR SOUS/SOUS CHEF to join the team.
The Erskine Arms is a rustic and traditional foodie pub and inn located in the heart of the Conwy walls. We pride ourselves on our great range of beers and local ales and are well known for our constantly evolving menu of fresh, local, interesting dishes. We have 21 en-suite boutique guest rooms and are a popular choice with both locals and visitors to Conwy. We are currently seeking a SENIOR SOUS/SOUS CHEF to assist in our busy kitchen, further strengthening the team and help drive our ever-strengthening reputation onwards and upwards.
We are passionate about fresh local food, and we prepare everything in house to the highest standards. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, experienced Chef de Partie looking for a progressive and challenging role, with prospects to go further within the group.
The Erskine is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful. So, we won’t be asking you to work above your contracted hours, you’ll always get two days and an evening off, we don’t open Christmas Day, so you’ll be able to enjoy it with your family or in someone else’s pub! Even the odd weekend off now and then, isn’t out the question.
AS SENIOR SOUS/SOUS CHEF:
- You will work closely with the head chef and general manager of the pub.
- We’ll welcome and expect your input into dish design and planning of our continually evolving menu.
- You will be a team player and have a passion for working in the industry.
- You will be ambitious and want to improve yourself, the menu, our team and the business as a whole.
SALARY & REWARD
Salary is £26,000 - £27,000 per annum + BONUS SCHEME + tips + staff discounts and company benefits.
The Erskine is run by the Stange & Co pub group. We are an expanding family company that puts our teams first, we realise it’s our teams and their hard work that make our pubs successful and we like to look after our teams and reward them for their hard work.
- Discounted accommodation rates – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Food discount – up to 50% off at all company sites
- Pension scheme– contributory group personal pension scheme
- Meals on duty
- Training and advancement opportunities
- Travel and job swap opportunities within the company
- Flexible working hours
- Christmas staff social event
- 5.6 weeks holiday entitlement including bank holidays
- Length of service recognition rewards
- Guaranteed Christmas Day off
- 24/7, 365 days a year access to confidential and expert advice through our Employee Assistance Programme with Hospitality Action
If you think that you could be the new Senior Sous Chef at The Erskine Arms then please send us an email telling us a little bit about yourself with your CV to Ben Jones, General Manager, using the ‘APPLY NOW’ link.